Im going to be upfront

its a nasty choice of colours

I would definiatly work more on your choice of colours and graphics
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

All right ... I agree ... the colours ... please change them ... They are just really hard on the eyes, which makes it hard to read anything.

Then there are 26 errors in your HTML/XHTML ... Just Click here to see them, and try to fix them for SEO purposes ...

I would suggest removing the rollover for the page the visitor is on, for example, if a user is on the "home" page the "home" rollover should be disabled, and not be clickable, and maybe also be another colour ...

Also make sure on pages like "funny car video" and "funny animal video" that a visitor can see the "1|2|>more" thing because I almost missed, maybe put it at the top and the bottom ...

You're probably going to add some content still for the "contact" and "funny links" pages right? ...

I just want to add that the layout works great, no need changing that, just the colours.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will have to agree with the nasty comment on the colors.

Get a template from the free template sites, use it instead.

Also, the url is wierd, shouldn't it be "More thAn fun" ?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

camperjohn wrote:
Also, the url is wierd, shouldn't it be "More thAn fun" ?

I thought so too, but morethAnfun is taken ... but I think that's what .co.nr's are for ...
  • Goginski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Goginski
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.w3schools.com/site/site_validate.asp
lots of validation issues loaded kinda slow and menues seemed hard to read blue on blue.
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, you should change the menu link colours - blue on a blue background is hard to read. You could also consider increasing the overall font size slighty - the text seems a little too small.
  • GiorgosK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: geoland.org > Greece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Background does not blend with the content background colors
As everyone mentioned.

If you do want to keep them just consider a border-left and border-right that would make them blend better together (I would choose a darker green - the main background green)
  • Shaman
  • Shaman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I will chime in about the colors as well, you cant read the links very well..
Other than that, there are some cool videos on there.
  • zooped
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would 100% change the colors - they are not flattering at all - I would change the header -

basically the whole color scheme and the header.

Just a suggestion - to make the video thumbnails a bit larger

good luck with your site
  • theBruney
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a step you've made in creating this site. Is it your first design? No worries, it'll get better. Take your time with it and think of your audience when choosing colours though. That's all that need be said for now.

theBruney
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everyone already bashed on the colors so I won't. Why do you have a horizontal rule in addition to the blue bar. I say you don't need the HRs, it just adds more clutter.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gonna sort of repeat the colours comments. Something you need to work on as quick as.

You want people to stay on your site for more than a minute? then make it easier for them to stay by sorting out the colours.

Regarding your banner, it's not that bad but i would suggest when saving banners with graphics in them to do so as jpg's as .gifs are only really for text based graphics. By using .gif as your banner file formate you are losing the quality of the images you have included. If you look at your banner as it stands, it is all pixelated and you can see it doesn't look great on the eye because of this.

As standard on any website, either use jpg or png as your file format on graphics. If however you create a transparent document in Photoshop for example and saved it you would need to do this as a .gif. By looking at Ozzu for example, the banner on this site was made in a transparent file and saved as a gif, this meant that the image would appear over whatever you had in the background. So, in your case you would need to keep your background colour and then just create the text you have and safe it as a .gif (providing it is in a transparent file). If you did this then you wouldn't need to worry about changing the background colour of the banner graphic as whatever you do on your website will change what you have behind the banner text.
  • alrofaee
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alrofaee

Post 3+ Months Ago

IN my opinion, the colours aren't nice enough. you should care about the appearance of your site.
  • Sovi3t
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Sovi3t
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Font needs to be smoother. Try Verdana or Arial for starters. Colors are bland and don't blend-weird aqua header, pastel green background, dark blue sidebar? Use colors that go well together.

Header needs major work. Use photoshop--was this done in MS Paint? Certainly looks like it.

The site looks interesting. The design just needs to be bearable or else nobody will bother looking further than the main page.

I think changing the font will make it 20 times better. That's the first thing I'd do. The default font really bugs me.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

First Glance: My eyes hurt! I ll repeat the color comment but something needs to be done about it.

And just curious: Shouldn't it be "morethanfun" I mean people like me ( particular with spelling might enter "than" instead of "then". Anyhow it is a site review not a domain review.

You might want to change the link colour as it is barely visible over the blue background. Moreover, the hover color also needs changing. Red on blue doesn't look too good.

I would have changed the banner too, just to make the site more attractive.
  • soundboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

bad choice of colours but overall good content
good job ;)
  • FURYON
  • FURYON
  • Loc: ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

have the background colour match the inlay colour, it look tacky, the blue is in the background and the black is on front, looks a bit wierd
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

For my 2 cents, the template / colors issue could be fixed. I think it is just a matter of getting a template.

But for the real problem is there is not enough content on the site. A few videos, probably canned, and links with Google Ads. There is no real reason for me to return.

As far as the template, the top guy with the finger is cute, but make him 1/4 the size. The top header is way to large and takes lots of screen real-estate. Instead, shrink it in height, get the Google ad closer to the top (where people can click on it), and then just add content.

my 2 cents.
  • Ethan Kolasinski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Ethan Kolasinski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Took a long time to load...I think it was the graphic at the top with the guy giving the bird.

Ethan Kolasinski
  • pkdude113
  • pkdude113

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol.those are funny videos
I like the one about bert and ernie are gey.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers