SITE REVIEW: HM-Fusion

• cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have have my website reviewd here before, under the name of http://www.hayesmates.co.uk, when reviewd i was advised that it was too cluttered and need a more spacious feel.

Over time, i have built on this, and created a new design, and also got a new domain!

So could you please rate both http://www.hm-fusion.co.uk and http://www.hm-fusion.co.uk/forum

Please note that some pages on the main site, are still using the old template, and have yet to be updated.

But HM- Fusion provides News & Feature, Entertainment for the UK and beyond!

Gaming, Technology, Movies, Music, Anime and more!

Many Thanks! 8)
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah its good!

I love the banner outside the 800x600.

You need to give each article a HTML title for SEO.

Not sure what the 2 fingers up and the british flag has got to do with the price of fish!

Consider swapping links with my brother who runs http://www.whatconsole.co.uk

Nasty email spam spiders are going to love your site... consider clicking on the name to take you to 1 page with a bio or make the mail to in JavaScrip or erm not sure what its called but real HTML. eg:..

Code: [ Select ]
<a href="mailto:&+115;&+92;&+108;&+105;&+115;&+64;&+98;&+111;

you will need to replace + with #

Or better just use a server side web form.
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
Yeah its good!

I love the banner outside the 800x600.

You need to give each article a HTML title for SEO.

Not sure what the 2 fingers up and the british flag has got to do with the price of fish!

Consider swapping links with my brother who runs http://www.whatconsole.co.uk

Nasty email spam spiders are going to love your site... consider clicking on the name to take you to 1 page with a bio or make the mail to in JavaScrip or erm not sure what its called but real HTML. eg:..

Code: [ Select ]
<a href="mailto:&+115;&+92;&+108;&+105;&+115;&+64;&+98;&+111;

you will need to replace + with #

Or better just use a server side web form.

Many thanks for your feedback, im glad you like the design :)

What can i use to convert the long news titles into something more legible? I am currently using Cutenews for my content.

Also im afriad i didnt understand your email comments?

Thanks, Chris :)
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool site, the homepage is exciting and captures your audience. I was reviewing your forum and would suggest that you use a little more black and/or a darker gray in the color theme to match your site. Check your blogs link on your categories page, i got a failure page. Overall, your site is excellent, nice redesign.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice design and layout. The articles are clear and consice. Color scheme works great, and the ads are pretty unobtrusive. Not sure what your last site looked like, but this site is not too cluttered. I felt slightly clostraphobic, but it is easy enough to navigate. I like the position of your donation link, it is easy to find without being, again, obtrusive. The color scheme of the forum fits ok with the rest of the site, but I would suggest changing it to better fit the main site...

Great work!
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never did understand why so many sites find it necessary to put those side banners on their sites. Especially the ones you have on the left hand side. Sure it makes the site look busy, but for me it just makes me dizzy and confused. Something else with those crazy banners is for myself especially, I get nervous and start thinking about closing the browser when I see animated gifs flashing click here!

From the moment the page loaded, I had absolutely no idea what it was about. You need to include some brief description in the header perhaps?

Also your justification is all over the place. On some pages its to the left, others is centered.

RJ
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

cubechris wrote:

Please note that some pages on the main site, are still using the old template, and have yet to be updated.

That will be why the justification is off on some pages.

Also the ads used are subtle IMO, not big 'CLICK HERE' ads, there from Apple so there professional? Do the ads annoy others?

Thanks for all the positive replies.
  • parangat
  • Loc: Mumbai,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Utility : Well yes definately very utility rich site.Whole bunch of tools on offer.I liked your site.

Design : Clean and easy to navigate.Full marks on design front.

Good Job

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers