SITE REVIEW: Game Hosting site

• cometservers
  • Born
  • Born
  • cometservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys, I had another site up that had a flash header, but it seems that it wasn't for gamers. I had good quality traffic coming through and none turned into sales. I got some people to look at it and they said they just didn't get the gamer vibe from it. I didn't put any gaming pictures on there because I thought I'd go for more of a serious look.

Give me your opinion on what I should for content and design wise. If you're a gamer please mention that too and let me know what you'd look for in a site if you're looking to purchase a game server.

Here's the site: http://www.cometservers.com

Thanks a lot guys.

Yazan.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ilbusca
  • Born
  • Born
  • ilbusca

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice.

I don't like green numbers on the left.
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Yazan,

Overall, I think your website has a solid, professional look. I'm not a gamer, but if I were, I think I would be used to seeing images, animations, etc. Since your site is primarily text, this may be the reason that you're not converting visitors. You may want to consider adding a flash gateway page with some eye-catching graphics, a demo, etc. - anything you can do to display more images would probably be helpful.

HTH,
Sam
  • kgippc
  • Born
  • Born
  • kgippc

Post 3+ Months Ago

this site needs at least 12 items of flair
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

kgippc wrote:

What?

Yes its got some nice graphical elements, but the placement of text needs working on.
  • see1ad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is some bad ass graphics! Nice. I like it the way it is. Simple and professional. Keep it up.
  • Albert_chu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Albert_chu

Post 3+ Months Ago

your website looks pretty professional. the bottom half however, lacks colour and a gaming aesthetic. I play games, and usually id expect to see alot of flash or animations, but your website seems to just have alot of text. other than that, your website is easy to navigate around, and the buttons and links are clear.
  • SmartOnePotter
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SmartOnePotter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice. I like the the header. Its cleanly cut, easy on the eyes. My two cents --

Balance the amount of imagery. There's a lot of graphics on the top, and more just solid color on the bottom. Also, as I think someone else said, the green letters on the side look a little out of place, I'd change it to maybe a black or dark grey.

Other than that, great work!
  • midas
  • Born
  • Born
  • midas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Job.
But Site loading little bit Slow.
and
https://secure.cometservers.com/billing ... derwiz.php
can you fixed bottom bar maybe %100
Good luck
  • hmdeassis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very clean looking site and it loads very quickly. I would recommend that you add more content on the right side of your page. You are loosing prime real state usage.

Good luck
  • atakmim
  • Born
  • Born
  • atakmim

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top and the bottom from the page are different web templates.
For me is not good to use popular templates ...
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

perfect site *peach* awesome graphics are killer
  • teambackyard
  • Loc: GUAM

Post 3+ Months Ago

my kids play, though i check the games and sites they link to. i used to play, so here's some of things i see:
- alot of paragraphs, making me have to read long. for eyecatching make a short and sweet line, then link to another page if alot of data is needed to inform.

- if you only place 2 pics up top because of loadtime, place on up top, then a couple on the left and right on the way down the page.

- gamers online seek excitement, do this with phrases and pics, without slowing log time.

the site is informative, though the attention getter is where you need to spice up.
  • WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a gamer and love the site!
Suggestion: add status to the servers on the left.
Like how many players....
So you know if the server is full or empty.
  • seyoboy
  • Born
  • Born
  • seyoboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

kubra dam for the win!

overall the site looks great. very clean and professional looking. i just have two suggestions. in the picture below, i think that the border that is in the red circle should round off and signify and end to the template. the straight line kinda makes me think it goes on forever. the bottom bar in the red rectangle kinda give me the feeling that the page goes on after it. if you could turn it upside down so that the rounded edges are on the bottom, i think it would look better.

• ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

love the site...the graphics color and everything is good and professional looking...i am kind of a gamer and like the site how it is and gots a gameing touch to it...keep up the good work!
  • Lukus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Lukus
  • Loc: UK - Essex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, only thing I noticed was the ordering page, the header and footer change! Although I presume this is intentional, just doesn't keep with the same flow as the home page, etc. Also, in your billing cycle, where it says 1month @ $0, 3months @ $0 - Thought I was going to get a free server :P IMO you should just have the amount of months and no actual prices (ie $0) in this drop down.

Good all round though :)
  • gommer683
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • gommer683

Post 3+ Months Ago

kgippc wrote:
hahaha true story. You've got content, now you need to make it look neat for gamers.
  • etono
  • etono

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a nice look. Like others, I noticed the bottom graphic is cut off with my resolution in pages with little content. Also the About Us page displays some errors.
  • bernkly
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website design is pretty good and professional. But your target audience is gamer. The layout would attract more gamer if look and feel and mean for them.

If you want sales, then it would be better to change.
  • Perad
  • Student
  • Student
  • Perad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its nice, looks very professional, i love the BF2 picture of the dam at the top. Looks brilliant congrats
  • CrackedProductions
  • CrackedProductions
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't find nothing wrong with it, I mean I'm sure there is mass stuff (nothing is perfect) but to my untrained eye, it's awesome.
  • alexmos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Europe, RO

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout though it needs more work here and there... for me is loading kind of slow you should also work more on optimizing image files.
  • arfan
  • Born
  • Born
  • arfan

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

on the right hand side of comet news, the grey box on the side doesnt look good, try and match it to the rest of the website it sticks out too much
  • mlsmls
  • mlsmls

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have got excellent head banner and top menu. But you havent got any statistics page or graiphic. i think put statistics page or graphic.
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice proffessional look to the site. Like the web hosting feature, do you resell?
  • kaylasdad
  • kaylasdad
  • Loc: Wichita, KS

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just reviewed a web design page that would make an AWESOME gamers page, and i think that your page would be better for them... maybe you should swap.... i am no longer a gamer, but from what i remember, gamers don't like bright stuff... they sit in the dark to play their games so they can better see whats going on... so when you throw a bright white page in their face they are going to find it abrasive... hope this helps

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers