SITE REVIEW: Game Interface

• Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I am working on a browser based game and I have spent many hours perfecting the client interface, I would like feedback primarily on the visual impact and cross browser compatability in terms of how it appears (some bugs in the JS but I know about them). By the way, edits I make will be on localhost so if I make changes in reaction to your critique they may not be on the live version - depends what type of feedback I consider them to require.

I have taken a screenshot of the interface in IE 6 and
a screenshot of the interface in FF 2 as reference.
Opera 9.5 has a bug which hides the left border on the anchor within the first wrapped li tag in the side bar navigation.

Edit: some more things, I notice that the png overlays for the "bars" on the right are refusing to show up online, but they are there in the localhost version (screenshot). The graphic is uploaded (directory listing allowed at http://bozebo.com/jsgameui/), other people who have accessed the same on their localhost (after I sent them the files) have also seen the png correctly, but it refuses to appear on the web server. Please also note that I havn't considered the favicon yet and will add one later.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, why has no one taken a stab at this one yet?

My first impression of it was good. Simple, clean, straightforward. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll give it a more in-depth look later today. Just wanted to make sure this thread didn't get bumped off the first page before receiving some reviews.
  • DaFiz
  • DaFiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Viewed the site using Firefox 3.x and the only thing that looks a little odd is the menu buttons, the 2 row is slightly overlapping the top row. Not sure whether this was meant to be like that or not, but there appears to be enough room for them if the inventory and life bars where shifted down.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

DaFiz wrote:
Viewed the site using Firefox 3.x and the only thing that looks a little odd is the menu buttons, the 2 row is slightly overlapping the top row. Not sure whether this was meant to be like that or not, but there appears to be enough room for them if the inventory and life bars where shifted down.

Well, it's like that in all browsers, initially I didn't want it but then I decided it looked good after being unable to fix it >_>
  • andreas_007us
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • andreas_007us

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad for beginer
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

andreas_007us wrote: