SITE REVIEW: gameplayzone.com/Site4

• phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all. Please take a look at my new template, http://www.gameplayzone.com/Site4

What do you think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good, for the most part. I would give a wider space around content blocks for better read-ablility, though.

If I may suggest, also, using sans-serifed fonts for screen media. It tends to be better for read-ability. This is all just 'test' content, I know, so you may intend to change this later.

Is there a footer on the way?

On the HTML side, I would suggest consolidating your ALL scripts and styles into external documents, as I assume you'll be using the same stuff for other pages.

Lastly, and purely as a matter of good form, I would want to clean up your HTML. Lower case all tags and attributes, remove comments inserted by editors, etc.

HTH!
  • phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

"According to most studies, sans serif fonts are more difficult to read. For this reason, they are used most often for short text components such as headlines or captions."

I usually tend to use Verdana for main text, the test text on that template is just there to show that content goes there.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know where you're getting this info, but my understanding is that sans-serif fonts are easier to read for screen media, and serif fonts are easier to read in print media.
  • phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

You edited your post lol.
Yeah theres a footer, I have to add it to the psd.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tend to edit posts a lot. My first pass is always just to get my thoughts out of the gray matter.

(:
  • phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about color scheme, banner, etc etc
Does it look ok?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm on my laptop right now, so I wouldn't feel really solid about commenting on the color until I looked on a CRT. But, yeah, it looks ok to me.

Subjectively, if I was developing this site, I would make the content column with a white background to force the user's eye there. But, really, that's just me i think.
  • phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I intead to have some sort of a content managment script in there, dont know which one I shoudl use, but I could customise it to give a different background.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it.

I have designed a console review site for my brother, maybe when yours is up an ruinning you want to swap links? http://www.whatconsole.co.uk
  • phragmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah sure.
My forum is running and active at the moment: http://www.gameplayzone.com/forum
I could add your link there in the meanwhile if you want? (at the top with the other links)
  • Lieven
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I think the basic setup for your is is allright, tough there are some things I would change:

- make all your buttons equal in size... it will look much cleaner that way
- center the text in your buttons. The home button for example is completely out of the center.
- i'd also recommend you to lighten up (white would be the best) the backgroundcolor of your main text-part (as already stated a few posts above)
- On my configuration (IE6/1024x768x32b), the right sidebox text (Latest gaming news...) is hard to read since it's too close to the shade of your GoogleAds. I would increment the padding

I know these are a lot of remarks, but you've asked for it. I really love your header and with a little bit more work, it will be really nice!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers