SITE REVIEW: gamersworlds.com

• pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I need review on the website http://gamersworlds.com/
Please, kindly help me to improve my website.
  • adrianbanc
  • adrianbanc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Improve it in what way ? You didn't mention what you want reviewed.

1 - I am reviewing your website in Firefox, and your header seems too small. You should make it as long as the content template. (full screen)

2 - your website seems too "bulk" for me if I can say that. No images, no banners, no videos at all on the index page. Add some color in there, just seeing the categories images starts to become boring at a certain time.

3 - http://gamersworlds.com/forum/index.php - add some posts in there: invite your friends to post, start some interesting discussion with them etc. Attract people to post in there.

4 - http://gamersworlds.com/articles.php - blank ugly section. Add at least 1 article in there, otherwise delete this section.

That's all for now, keep up the good work !
  • walandio
  • walandio

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with adrian it is too small.. the header should most likely the same size with the body. try to organize the images at the left side if you can find more attractive images and good quality images.
  • Ramadmin
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ramadmin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked out your website and think you need to be a little more hard core in the photos as well. The site its self is nice but I would like to see some more of the top games on the front page e.g. Halo Call of Duty and so on. These are the best selling games with the most loyal following and should have a large section on your home page to keep interest.

The site also could use some color it is a little bland for me, but your over all package is put together well.
  • duckz
  • Born
  • Born
  • duckz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would love to review your site.

But I believe your site is banned in china (probably the ISP ip is banned).
  • M1A1
  • Born
  • Born
  • M1A1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked out your site and it looks pretty good. You seem to really update the news a lot, which is good. Your forums could use some activity though.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need a better logo. The text below the logo is hard to read. The color scheme doesn't fit the content. There's not enough contrast, try variations in the different sections(sidebar, header, main content) to help separate the visual hierarchy.

There is far too much information on the home page. I look at it and am immediately overwhelmed. I would cut it down significantly. Actually I would move all of the homepages current content to a seperate page and use the home page as an introduction. When I land on your home page, I have no idea what your site is about.
  • danyald
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • danyald

Post 3+ Months Ago

You want improvement then add more games images and screenshots.
Also i recommend you to change color scheme of your website
  • diosss21
  • diosss21

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking good site but website color is not appropriate i personally think. if u don't mind then u can ask some one else.
  • Bkm
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bkm

Post 3+ Months Ago

you should put links to gaming stores that are around you
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your front page is hacked! Bit other then that the site looks good. I prefer a little more professionalism but that is my preference.
  • newseur
  • Born
  • Born
  • newseur

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Does cest normal quon falls on a page or you are blocked?

Cordially
  • srilankaonline
  • srilankaonline

Post 3+ Months Ago

On a 1024x768 resolution screen, there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the browser window. It would be better if the page width fits the screen.
  • waffles
  • Student
  • Student
  • waffles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, get rid of the empty parts. A forum isn't doing anyone a favor by being empty. An articles section is useless without articles. The Interesting Websites portion at the top of the home page looks like you forgot to take it out. Put something there or get rid of it.

Make your social media links more obvious. If I was a regular visitor I'd never click on a link to bookmark the page. That's what it looks like to me.

Honestly, all of the scrolling stuff in the right sidebar is just distracting.

But worst of all, you say "For All the Games You Plays." Really, plays? You do know it should be play, right?
  • smartjulie85
  • Born
  • Born
  • smartjulie85

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should fine tune your color theme. This is boring color for a gaming site.
  • deep034
  • deep034

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like other people mentioned, color theme could be better to attract more attention. Also more than one story on the homepage would be helpful for users to keep reading on. You should make the Latest News part on the right so when you mouse over it, it stops scrolling.
  • salwillders
  • salwillders

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I noticed was that your subtitle is white and cannot be seen that well. On the other hand I did like the scrolling Latest News thing on the right. I also like that you don't have a ton of ads. Overall it is a good site.
  • webb111
  • Born
  • Born
  • webb111

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Agree with the above posts, i think the banner needs some work, also im not feeling the color scheme, everything else looks great

I can see you've put alot of work into having a content rich website.

Another thing i would suggest would be to have a smaller picture for the icons, on the types of news

keep up the good work matey
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi! :)

first of all i visited your site and liked it. but allow me to point out certain shortcomings of your site..

your site's subtitle all the games you plays is bad English (or did you do that for rhyming with "games"?!? sorry if that's the case).

second, i agree with the above guys that the site looks too boring and generic for a gaming site. perhaps you can change the colors and apply a "cooler" font 8) ! and please avoid too much italic.. it looks "childish" for even a gaming site.

i liked your flash games (especially) a lot. there are a plenty of them there! but please do add some games in other categories as well.

on the whole your site is a great place to be in.

best of luck!
ciao :salut:
  • BestTechnology

Post 3+ Months Ago

pclovers wrote:
Hi,
I need review on the website http://gamersworlds.com/
Please, kindly help me to improve my website.

I think you should update the logo. I think everything else looks good. I see the news script over there. I have used that in a few sites before. Good Job
  • arvan
  • arvan

Post 3+ Months Ago

What exactly is a point of this website? Is it for general reviews/news? If so you will have a hard time with bigger guys. And even the ones like http://www.gamershell.com/ seem to be stuck in old ways.

Maybe it would be good to focus on some new trend? Android/iPhone apps? The mobile devices seem to expand rapidly and so the apps.
  • crownpc
  • crownpc
  • Loc: Cortland, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with all of the above. I now will add to what jumped out at me the most. No screenshots on the home page even under the recent snapshots and recently added games section. Join up with http://cj.com and affiliate yourself with other gaming sites, to generate both revenue and content.
  • pagebot
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pagebot
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Noting much to change here, I must say your website is amazing.
Only small change I would do is the background color, seems too dark/dead for the targeted audience which is mostly very young.Just a thought tho...
  • woopads1
  • Born
  • Born
  • woopads1

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
your slogan is extremely hard to read .white !!! change the colour.and the background colour ,a bit lighter.
  • jenniferbailey
  • Born
  • Born
  • jenniferbailey

Post 3+ Months Ago

so sorry...it couldn't open? or is there any problems with your host..well..maybe
  • Moola Mails
  • Moola Mails

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site. It looks really nice. The one thing I would change right away is on the homepage you have a tagclowd first thing. I would remove it or move it to the bottom of the screen as it looks a bit tacky.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd suggest shrinking the cloud on the homepage to a smaller format so it's not taking so much space. Then I'd move it to a different location as it currently has more visual importance than does the content itself - this should never be the case.
  • ptrNode
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: GB

Post 3+ Months Ago

The right columns require padding for those background images to accommodate the column contents.

5/10
  • saudilawyers
  • saudilawyers

Post 3+ Months Ago

There seems to be many font colors used and it irritates the eyes. would be better if you make it more cooler and less scattered
  • JohnBu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fair remarks were mentioned above. I can't but agree with them. The main, probably, is that your upper tab is too small. It's better to make it bigger and exchange it with your logo. So firslty goes the name of the website, then the main menu tab.

I'd recommend you add some asd on the website - shoose adsense text links and that'll do.

tag could seems a cool idea. But do not use dark colors because they are of low visibility. At the same time do not use too bright color - they are a bit horrible to the eyes.

add alt tags to your images and picture descriptions.

<meta name='description' content='' />
<meta name='keywords' content='' />
These are empty - you'd better add the descritption at least. No longer than 140 symbols

http://gamersworlds.com/articles.php - fill in this page with some articles with keywords and anchor links.

also you can make "Forum Threads" a link to a well-structured list of threads united under different topics.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers