SITE REVIEW: Gaming Unit

• Minne
  • Student
  • Student
  • Minne
  • Loc: Small Sports

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://smallsportz.com/G-Unit/index.html

This Is My School project so far. the games page is not complete yet. got to do that soon. The project is create a company to compete with another company so i made my own gaming website to compete with gamestop. it's pretty cool so far i think.

any suggestions on how to make it cooler and stuff and what ya think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you've got some great graphics on the homepage, but the background is simple. Did your teacher say whether you could use a background template? If so, look for something with black and grey (kinda like the ozzu theme, actually ;) ] Use a cool, modern font and add "buy" buttons to your page (even if they don't work) Nice job with the celebrity blurbs at the bottom but I would suggest that you finish the "shop" and "staff" pages before turning it in. Good luck on your project!
  • wobseek
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wobseek

Post 3+ Months Ago

the top is a little plain
add a banner or logo or flash
  • Pougee
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those three bottom informative box's, I think you need to change the text in that. I find it abit hard to read.
  • Minne
  • Student
  • Student
  • Minne
  • Loc: Small Sports

Post 3+ Months Ago

farmer_Tom wrote:
Well, you've got some great graphics on the homepage, but the background is simple. Did your teacher say whether you could use a background template? If so, look for something with black and grey (kinda like the ozzu theme, actually ;) ] Use a cool, modern font and add "buy" buttons to your page (even if they don't work) Nice job with the celebrity blurbs at the bottom but I would suggest that you finish the "shop" and "staff" pages before turning it in. Good luck on your project!

Staff is complete now but I'll work on The games page when i get back to school and how does it sound about making buy buttons and then making it goto a pay pal sort thingy so you can "fake purchase them" i think it would be cool
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

background color is too eye catching. I got blinded when i saw that color can't you use something mild here.

It will be much better then.

Thanks.
  • musicbiz
  • musicbiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think your sites is ok , but need a little bit more of info.
  • programming-designs
  • Born
  • Born
  • programming-designs

Post 3+ Months Ago

The red is tooo strong hard on the eyes -- not a lot of structuring to your website either, also contains 12 coding errors on validator.w3.org
  • ltjman22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ltjman22

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have good graphics, but the page looks like any other. I would suggest putting the menu on the side and centering g-unit.
  • Mephistox
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mephistox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just two criticisms:
1) Do something with the background color - maybe a gray or similar color?
2) Change your font to something like the one in the buy now buttons, or the font inside the comment boxes.

Besides those two, your site looks great.
  • sports-facts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sports-facts
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice and funny. only suggestion is to change the background. red is very ugly
  • Bidera
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bidera

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you spent some time in making those pictures!

Pretty well done (and funny even for an old fart like me), just wondering whether you have played around with reducing image sizes a bit.

I suppose for a school project this might be fine, but you generally want to keep the page total size about 10 times smaller than yours, your page with all pictures comes out to be over 500k which is not good. :)
  • yourgameportal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yourgameportal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, for a School Project it is good. But if it wasn't for a School project, then well id change a few things.

- Background color
- The music
- The way it looks

I am being honest. One thing that I can say, is keep up the good work.
  • netguard
  • netguard

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would remove the sound on the website, it is very annoying hearing the same little sound clip over and over again as you are browsing the site.

Also the red background might be a little too red :D

You would also need to add some reviews of the games featured or at least links to the producers web sites.

A good first step, good luck with it.

Kim
  • Flash-matic
  • Flash-matic

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I could see at first was RED and that hurt my eyes. For a game site you want warm colors. Another thing is the text in the botom boxes is hard to read. (Might be that my resolution is very high). There really is not a whole lot to look at but changing a few little things could make a big improvement.

- Flash-matic
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

RED color is not so good if its background and the text in three box below is not visible clearly in 1024 resolutions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers