SITE REVIEW: A Geek's Paradise

• ageek
  • ageek
  • Loc: In your mind....

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, this is my forum that is devoted to the geek lifestyle.

I'm still looking for anyway to improve it and any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.ageeksparadise.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

it´s a pretty work, the desing are greatest, only one thing don´t like me, and are the Logo, try change, or make the title more big to be more visible, but in general good forum.
  • ageek
  • ageek

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anybody else have any thoughts on how to improve it?
  • shishkebob
  • shishkebob

Post 3+ Months Ago

the website looks great actually... aesthitically pleasing if i may say so myself... yep, the logo (thats the orange thing at the top right) just make it bigger because it can't easily be identified... (that is after all your sign for the wesite, nice combination by the way, orange and blue)... and one more thing, maybe you should try to add another links bar at the bottom, to keep visitors from scrolling up and down whenever they try to change links or navigate through other pages... other than that, its cool...
  • ageek
  • ageek

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, a couple of my friend's have said that the logo text is a bit small, so I will definately make that bigger and I think that the idea of a footer nav is a good one....maybe I will put one of those in...or at least a link to the top of the page.
  • jiahao
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jiahao

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personal feelings, i felt that it is a bit plain, probably like my own website, lol.

Probably can add in more colors or animations for more fun!
  • 11j
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the site. Wouldn't even change the logo. If I may ask a couple questions? How long does it take to put together a forum like that? At what cost? Is it possible to have someone slap one together for me say at scriptlance for minimal cost?

Okay, sorry three questions. :D
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, I don't like the colors...and the title bar headers. I would recommend trying something different.
  • GRex
  • GRex

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could possibly opt for colors that are more in contrast with each other. The white text is having a hard time standing out from the light blue (or something) background.

Especially hidden is the color of links. It totally blend into the background and potentially hide themselves.
  • ej3soft
  • Born
  • Born
  • ej3soft

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the website must have a main page but if you want a forum-web you have a very pretty look template for phpBB forum script.

But you must improve the quantity of your reviews and post to gain more users.
  • gulfofmex
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good, I didn't even notice the title, at first. It does look really good though. Not dure how you can increase the title, and still make look like it is now. I would also change the top row nav, those 3 little squares are a bit distracting. But it's your site, and you can do what you want A+ for effort!
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know this has been said loads already but I think the title needs to be a lot bigger and more imposing. If someone comes across the site and doesn't know what it is about you can help them out with a big title. For example, http://www.domaintradez.com has a big title which tells you what the website is about. I'd also add in a few different colours to make certain parts of the site stand out a bit more.

Other than that, a nice site which looks quite good.
  • pkwebsites
  • Born
  • Born
  • pkwebsites

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the fact that the ads are at the top of the page because in some forums the ads are between posts so it's kind of distracting.

The colors are also very nice and the posts are easy to read.

I also think you should make the logo bigger because its too small and people might not see it.
  • innovator
  • Born
  • Born
  • innovator
  • Loc: Amsterdam

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to improve it more imo.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

As someone else has said, its too plain. Colors need a little work imo. But I hope the site gets going....id love to participate there.
  • paraskevi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where did it go? I see godaddy ads

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers