• Loc: Mumbai,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

No reviews?? :(
  • paolus
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the overall view of the site, nice and clean.
The only thing I don't like is the menu at the top, try using another font (verdana) or icons like you do with the shoppingcart.
I also noticed the rollover-effect in the flashmovie. In your hit-frame from the button you've got only the text Vibgyor Gems Corp. Replace the text with a rectangle for a better roll-over effect.
Normally I don't like music on a site, but I think this is quite subtle

I have no experience with designing shoppingcart systems, so I can't tell you much about that. The only thing I noticed were the four decimal places for the price, what's with that?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked. Please resume with reviews.
  • Sqnik
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Poland Warsaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
It looks very nice but:

1. rollover effect should be changed
2. i noticed that at the end of the presentation these two rings are 'jumping slightly to the left - (at last frames).

also I would change the way the " online store for..." text appears, for me it's too simple. the same with this diamond especially the way it goes up.
but generally I like it very much, it's nice and clean
  • koppaspider
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • koppaspider
  • Loc: Metro:Williamsport

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site design myself I just think the logos on your index page are to crammed in the lower left side... also on your client login page there is a picture of a guy trying to jump into a computer monitor? Doesn't seem like it was suppose to be there

and it looks like the site was made for the res 800 by 600 but I might be wrong there, I belive but not sure. that resolution web standards are 1280 by 768... but I'm not sure
  • 01wojtowicz
  • 01wojtowicz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good layout but the citrine is out of line with the other stones
The background music is a good idea but can get kinda annoying
  • parangat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Paolus
Thank you for your time and review. I guess your suggestion sounds good for the top navigation menu; I think I may use some images instead of plain text.

Sqnik
Thank you for your time and review. For flash I think current effect looks decent (although simple).I tried couple of effects but can’t seem to work well, could you suggest some.

Koppaspider
Thank you for your review. I changed the image on the client login page. The site has been made for 1280 * 768 resolutions, although I have deliberately kept table width to 714 pixels.

o1wojtowicz
Thank you for your review. Agreed citrine looks a bit out of line. I will adjust it a bit to appear in line.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this site, it has a neat, clean homepage with some appropriate background music. On the homepage rollover image, I say do away with the first image and integrate the rollover image as part of the logo, it'll look better. On the search results page, I would take out table_background_browse. gif; it doesn't fit with the site. Also, because you sell high-price merchandise, I would get certified by PayPal as a safe seller to build client trust. Overall site design and business model are great.
  • nebula
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good work..

Congratulations..
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it all is aligned to the left. It seems as if you are cramming all of that stuff to save space. Let it spread. I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to have a rollover porblem. Whenever I put my mouse over your logo, it starts to flicker a bit. I don't quite like the font used at the top and I think that should be put beneath the logo. It would look better with the logo at the very top of the page.

Other than that, I can't find much else to comment on. Well done and keep up the good work! :)
  • parangat

Post 3+ Months Ago

farmer_Tom
Thank you for your time and review.
Yes ill change "table_background_browse. gif" this image.

Nebula
Thank you and we are glad you liked our site.

Funny_Fuzz
Thank you for your time and review.
I am going to change the mouse over effect in flash.I am not sure should i completely remove it or add some in place.

Actually initially we had tables center_alligned but we thought left_allign looks better.There is no perticular reason behind it.

Thank you
I appreciate.
  • malprave
  • Student
  • Student
  • malprave

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks to be a very good page, everything seems to be working fine.

If you are interested in your search engine properties, read the following:

Firstly, your Google page rank is ZERO!. One way of improving that is by adding backlinks to your site on other good pages. You currently have ZERO backlinks (http://search.yahoo.com - link:http://www.vibgyorgems.com/)

Just a thought
  • parangat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your review sir,

I know my PR=0 :( . I have added my site to couple of directories. But sir to ba very frank i dont know how to improve my PR and increase traffice.

Thank you for your reply and time .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers