SITE REVIEW: Get Milked...

• gtop100
  • Born
  • Born
  • gtop100
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice layout and cool design but what is this site for? =)
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash Movies, Games, Comix, etc.. Mostly Entertainment.
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't checked this thread in a while, so sorry for the necropost.

What's the "purpose" of the site? This question came up earlier, too, and I've thought it over a little bit. I don't have a great or definitive answer, but here's my best shot:

The site basically serves as a container for Flash stuff and other miscellany I do. I was tired of having them in a drawer or on my hard drive, so I put them on a site. I guess that's the entire purpose. Not much more than that.

Also, if the site entertains certain people in some way then it serves that purpose. If it doesn't then it serves no purpose for those people. It's the same as if I had a commerical site that offered something for sale. The site would serve a purpose for those who want to buy my stuff, and none for those who don't. That's the best I can do on that question.

I suppose that purpose in a website is ultimately pretty relative. ulta.com serves absolutely no purpose for me, but amazom.com serves loads (and I pay them for the purpose they provide me).

But I think the question goes deeper, however, the same question on a deeper level can be asked about any website.

I don't know if that helps or obscures. That's about all I have.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I get that your site is mostly for entertainment value and to showcase your work. Your game is also neat although you need to add a few more statements to it like:

"I am squash"
"I am a rancid burger"
etc...
  • cflraves
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cflraves

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site doesnt look too bad...

but it is a little tough to figure out what the site is actually about. I would suggest giving more of a site description, or a link to an html "about "GetMilked" below your flash on the mainpage.

Other than that, not too bad.
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope this doesn't come off as a necropost, but I thought starting a new thread would be worse.

This is more than a plug, I'm looking for feedback. I've added a gallery seven to my comics page and updated the navigation for that gallery only. You can enter the gallery at any point and go backwards or forwards through the gallery. Also, at any point you can return.

Was this a good solution for navigation?

Here's the link (again, sorry): Get Milked

Thanks! :D
  • sannsar4
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Prishtina / Kosovo

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a cool site , i like it :wink:
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello (again),

I've made some BIG changes to my site since this thread was last updated (some time ago). I'm curious about the navigation... do the "newest" "oldest" and "next" and "back" buttons make sense? Does the site in general make sense?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you! :D

The link --> Get Milked

(by the way, the rules said that if you already have a review thread to reuse it instead of making a new thread - I hope I did this correctly).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 38 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers