SITE REVIEW: Get Milked

• ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I have posted previous versions of this site here some time ago (maybe a year or more), but I recently did a complete overhaul of the site and am seeking opinions and recommendations. My main question: is it easy to navigate?

Any comments on the layout, colors, content, etc, are much appreciated.

The link ---> Get Milked

Thank you!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• fixngo
  • Born
  • Born
  • fixngo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that this is a pretty good layout. The one thing that I think would be really neat is if you did a popup image of the comic when you mouse over them in the list view. I would also think that since the button under the image that goes to the list view is titled "list" so should the link at the top instead of archive. I think it would be nice for them to both be the same.
  • TsX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very well done. I am very impressed with the simplicity and found myself spending way to much time reading the comics, lol.

I only have one suggestion. Under toons, each toon link has a rather short width. There is plenty of room to double it up per row.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its good to see a website that is not covered in advertisements, I love the colour scheme and layout its nice and simple yet it's effective.

As for navagation its simple and great, I also spent a lot of time looking at some of your comics. Great work.
  • msj1013
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • msj1013

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is simple which is always a plus in my book. The one thing I would change would be to change the arrows to a greyed out version when you get to either end of the list. Not to sound like an idea, but i clicked newest and nothing happened and it took me a second to figure it out. Otherwise, its great.
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great work, I say.

I liked all the cartoons which you have used in the site.
  • ACT Media
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

That looks good and different from others ! Navigations are easy there. You can section your archives page better. Either the center alignment can be changed to left or you can divided the months and place it in seperate boxes like the white one in the about page.

Hope my inputs will of use to you. All the best :)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

wicked funny comics :D I really like it. the site is nice and simple design-wise, as it should be, since the comics are the main focus. only one thing - it kind of takes a long time to load..... but maybe that's just my connection bugging up again.
  • Ulrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

As most here. I really like your site a lot. Less = More in this case and simplicity is king along with content. The navigation is really easy to follow.

The only thing that can be improved upon (without much effor I believe) and which I think will look better and make things easier for everyone is on the "Toons" page itself. All the toons are below one another. Perhaps fit at least two next to one another to save the hassle of scrolling so far down.

Further it's great. Keep it up!
  • JordyC
  • JordyC
  • Loc: LONDON, ENGLAND

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Job.
  • DigitalInsanity
  • Born
  • Born
  • DigitalInsanity

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it all except the icons look outdated, they are simple but nothing pleasing to the eye, but thats my thing I guess , If other people like it, good.
  • djofonunez
  • Born
  • Born
  • djofonunez

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have to agree with DigitalInsanity the icons look kind of outdated.And it took a while to load for me. Overall good design

Catch ya later
  • devsmith1
  • Born
  • Born
  • devsmith1

Post 3+ Months Ago

The lay out is simple. SO i liked it very much. I think it is ver good but i will love some flash work in it.
  • Evenhost-PR
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Took a minute to load but it could have been my connection >.<
Love simplicity and this is a nice mellow color scheme.
Love the Hamster Support Group
  • phppoddotcom
  • phppoddotcom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site! I like the layout, the navigation, the colors and especially the cartoons!
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and everything, one thing that might be worth considering is putting an absolute linkat the bottom of the page so people can easily send them to friends, or a link code for posting in blogs and stuff. Or perhaps a "send this page to:" link to help get more visitors.

Just my thoughts.

Hope it helps
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

EXCELLENT. Simple but appropriate. And the comics are hilarious. I think you could have done with tables, some scrolling java script and a rainbow background and I would still love it. Added it to my favs! Oh some rollovers on the nav would be nice and I think it's needed.
  • MyToko
  • MyToko

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could make more use of the available space on the archive and toons page to make navigation better.

Kind regards.

Bob

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers