SITE REVIEW: GFXFOR.US

• nzk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://gfxfor.us

It is a graphics design blog that I just started. I am going to write a bunch of tutorials for it and make a wallpaper section. I am also working on having more authors. Lastly, I am happy with the design except I am waiting for Google to review my Adsense application so that I can put ads into my posts and header/ sidebar.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked, please resume your reviews.
  • joanne_r
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joanne_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Extremely bland and boring. Text is hard to read and needs to be centred on page. Nothing about the page tempted me to stay on it for long. Add a bit more colour, change the banner.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just like these days website that use a lot of whitespace. Of course, the paragraphs in your website are a bit too close one to the other, but it`s okay.

You should try to create more headers like the one you use now, and rotate them. I think it would turn out great.

I also think you should make the header adsense links smaller, like a menu. They are too large up there.

This is a website I`ll visit later :)
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I updated the site theme and pretty much everything else... So how is it now?
  • paquito_ucla
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paquito_ucla
  • Loc: Bilbao, Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

boring
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I might need to buy bifocals to read your site. Try adding some graffics or images to spice up the site. Need some eye candy to keep my attention.
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just thought of something else. You should allow your users to change the text size on the site. I tried largest font and smallest font - no change. Think of those people that have some difficulty seeing and give them the ability to see your site content - otherwise, I don't see you having much success at all.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I did Control + and it made the text size higher, so I dont know about that. I tried changing all references to text size in the css, no change.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has been changed absolutely enormous amounts. Complete make over. Anyone care to review this new iteration of my site?
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have visited your site. I just want to ask if it's normal that when i click
# About
# Downloads
# Wallpapers
# Contact Us

your logo image disappears and it says preview image but when i click it, i see no image... :?
  • weshallgo
  • weshallgo
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am having the same problem bebsie is with images also i think the main text on the front page font is to small.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats normal, something to do with the theme. I have to figure it out, but once I do it will be fixed.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Success! It has been fixed.
  • lawson
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • lawson

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i don't like the site mate, change the theme add more text and make it stand out
  • proglead
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

well nothing much to say...but i guess the header doesnt gel with the overall layout...looks disconnected from the rest of the page.... :(
  • DTagent
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DTagent

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try using 100% for your website width because on my browser the site is too big and I can scroll left~right. The text in the footer is too small.

Like proglead said, it does look disconnected because the header is too oddly designed. Maybe remove those boxes around the gfxfor.us banner and place the gfxfor.us inside the black background.

Site is too cluttered with text/links and there isn't any images that caught my attention. Although you have lots of things to talk about, just adding one image will help. Remember, a picture says a thousand words.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers