•  
    Classifieds

SITE REVIEW: Glassed graphix

• glassedgraphix.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • glassedgraphix.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, my name is Mike and I am the owner of Glassed Graphix. If you want to get straight to the point, go down to the bold red text below. If you want some background, then read the following paragraphs.

We are looking to increase the number of visitors to our site exponentially and I think we have found a great way to do it!

There are tons of forums on the internet that are similar to WHT and almost all of them have a section where you can advertise or buy templates, layouts, images, hosting, etc. This is a very good idea in theory since it gets more publicity for the items you are selling, but it is not very efficient. After realizing this, I went out and did some research and found two open source scripts that can change the way people buy and sell their layouts, templates, etc.

One script I found is a complete auction system and the other is a classified ads system. I believe that if I can get enough people coming to the site and checking out the auctions/classifieds, then this could be something that turns out very popular. Please let me know what you think of my idea and if you think it is any good or not.

This is where I want your opinion... I have two links below, one to the classifieds script and one to the auction script. I would greatly appreciate it if you would look at both, and let me know which you think is better for selling everything from images to full web templates and beyond. You can choose either one or both of them!

Auction - http://glassedgraphix.com/forums/auction.php
Classifieds - http://glassedgraphix.com/classifieds/index.php

After I get enough replies, I will incorporate one of them into the site, changing around the template and everything to get it looking custom. Then I will advertise it everywhere I possibly can. I will put up items I have personally made to jump-start the site and hopefully we can establish a good customer-base.

I have also decided that this service will be run completely free of charge. People will be free to add a classified or auction whenever they want at no charge and I will cover the expenses out of my own pocket. I will put items up for sale from time to time and the money I make from those items should be enough to cover the cost of the server and any extra bandwith.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neither one of those links work currently. Also, what is up with the bright green? I had to shield my eyes and didn't want to stay on the page.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

webinv wrote:
Neither one of those links work currently.

Could be because the site was put up for review on August 30, 2004, but its just a guess.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol....why are you ppl bringing up old topics? I think this forum needs something to notify you if you are posting on an old thread so you don't do it on accident!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers