SITE REVIEW: Global World Hosting

• softstor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • softstor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just redesigned my hosting site. Please feel free to review it in detail. I would like to hear any comments. The site is located at http://globalworldhosting.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks impressive! I like your menu links effects and the whole site is neat, easy to navigate and clear.

I like the color too.
What color code is that ?
  • rynoe
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a nice site!

Great use of flash!
  • sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly nice site. I like the simple step by step lay out, graphics are nice and clear and the colour sceme is good. Only problems i could find where a couple of spelling mistakes which makes the site look a little unprofessional. You could be a bit more generous with what you put in your hosting packages (no subdomains with the $9.95 package). Overall your site looks great and has no major problems. I'd give it an 8/10
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site, but there is something very generic about it. Despite looking nice and attractive, there is nothing there that grabs my attention, because it <i>looks</i> like a template. It does look very nice and professional though - don't get me wrong.

The faults I will pick at, as always, are filesize and standards compliance. 18k is a large html file, especially as you only have 2k of text. You could clean up you page considerably by scrapping some or all of the nested tables - they are a waste of space.

You have a hell of a lot of validation errors, some of which are to do with the flash, and I understand that that is difficult to avoid, but a lot of them are images without alt tags. As you have a few images with text in them, alt tags are very important for accesibility. For images that are just layout images, I tend to use background images, rather than an img tag, this makes screen readers/text browsers unaware that there is an image.

Ther is no need for images like <a href="http://globalworldhosting.net/images/sbt11.gif">this one</a>, it's a waste of an extra 2kB, plus the accessibility issues, plus its a waste of an SEO oppourtunity to use an H1 tag with some keywords ("domain registration") in it.

Overall a nice site, but there is always room for improvement :wink:
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

With the worry of filesize in mind, especially images, why not convert your GIF images into PNG format, they offer no loss of quality and less file size. take a look <a href="http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/">here</a> for more information.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site but one thing I noticed is that it is very similar to other hosting company's sites. Also, having your menu in flash will make it harder for search engines to follow your links through your site. It's still a clean, sharp site though. good work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers