SITE REVIEW: godonate.com (new concept)

• gonetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,
I have just finished a new site, it is a new concept which is a PayPal donation tool, which is basically an idea to increase your donations and give your donors some recognition, which the standard donations do not cover.

I am looking for some feedback on the concept itself. Do you think it will be popular, and is it missing any features?

The design will probably change very soon, and the members area design is plain at the moment, so please don't worry about commenting on that, it is being updated :)
Comments on the design are requested also, even though it is changing.

http://www.godonate.com

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy.... :arrow:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I noticed was the Free Signup > Features > Services > etc
buttons look like they need to be at a better resolution, they seem smudged.
The last button seems to be cut off, you might just want to delete the whole thing, it looks like the page wants to continue.

The text "click on a link, keep our service free, it only takes a second " is in a light shade of grey, don't know if you wanted that, but if you wanted someone to read it, its not working.

Might want to use roll overs, for the buttons and the Navigation menu on the left side.

The light green really doesn't go with the "dark" green bars for "ads by google" and the left menu green, you seem to have 3 different shades of green. Set every green to be the same.

Broken Link: Features.php

I like the layout though. Just make the colors match, and add a few more, white green and grey is kind of bland. although keep the minimalistc sense.
  • girlmon
  • Born
  • Born
  • girlmon

Post 3+ Months Ago

look pretty interesting to me<br> <br> :)
  • gonetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, but I am totally changing the design anyway, if someone could let me know what they think of the concept that would be great.

I agree the site is not very professional looking, which is why i am changing the design ;)
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the idea is good , i find.
as you know, just the graphics part of the website is abit weird.
everything else looks interesting and refreshing!

keep up the good work!
  • webmasterbrain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webmasterbrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Phew, for a minute, I thought it was some site asking for charity donations (I hate them).

The idea is good, and I think you will probably do well, since many sites accept donations, and your service gives them the hope that somehow, If they use your software that maybe all those selfish bastards who don't ever give anything will turn round and feel all 'charitable' and make them rich. Seriously, I think yours is a good idea, it's just the whole donation thing is not worth bothering with, because you'll rarely even begin to cover your cost, no matter how hard you try (of course many webmaster think otherwise, which is why your site will probably do well).
  • gonetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks!! Yeah, it is started to grow very fast, some heavy traffic sites do very well from donations, but then again most do not. I hope this tool increases the chances of webmasters getting those donation dollars, thats the goal. People will more likely donate if they see their name getting listed on the site, which is exactly what this service does.

Thanks for the feedback
  • gonetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have created a new template now, I just have to add it to the site:

http://www.godonate.com/thegonetwork.html

Let me know what you all think!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers