SITE REVIEW: greatestcrazypyramid.com

• fatbooggy
  • fatbooggy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new in the website development world.

I just built this new site and need some honest feedback.

http://www.greatestcrazypyramid.com

What do you think about the idea? Is it clear? Did you rapidly figure it out? And what about the site layout? Anything you would change?

Thanks!

Fatbooggy
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey now, thats pretty cool

Design-wise, not much to say really...

But the concept is quite original, somewhat like those pixel-selling sites
  • fatbooggy
  • fatbooggy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ifrit wrote:
Hey now, thats pretty cool

Design-wise, not much to say really...

But the concept is quite original, somewhat like those pixel-selling sites

I was trying to find a new twist of those pixel site.
  • trunkmonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • trunkmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

fatbooggy wrote:
I was trying to find a new twist of those pixel site.

No - you were copying all the other sites out there - from the original http://www.mmmzr.com, to the poor copies http://www.cashcolumn.com and then you pretty much directly copied http://www.pyrad.com

All of these sites have been online long before the creation date of yours (about 5 days ago!) - if you are going to copycat that's one thing, but don't pass the idea off as yours - that's just lame.
  • hatshepsut
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hatshepsut

Post 3+ Months Ago

New and fancy shape for pixel selling?
Should be more creative than that,I beleive.
Good Luck
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hatshepsut wrote:
New and fancy shape for pixel selling?
Should be more creative than that,I beleive.
Good Luck

Something like this, eh?
http://www.ozzu.com/website-reviews/site-review-www-adsontime-com-new-site-with-promotions-t71014.html
  • optimist
  • Born
  • Born
  • optimist

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's with the pyramid? :)
Your site looks different from the rest. Very unique.
  • saidev
  • saidev
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like another pixel site, I've notice that TigerDirect and Dell in the pyramid but they look like some sort of pcp link instead of a direct link.
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

Again another mmmzr.com copy. The site graphics are off in FF 2.0 in 1280 pixel wide resolution. Why the pyramid, it just shows you want to keep most of the money, I don't think it's the way to make it popular.

Another question i would like to see answered is : Aren't powers of 2 a too steep progression to allow the site to get enough advertisers? I think it's partly what stalled mmmzr and haven't see copies at a less than doubling rate.
  • fatbooggy
  • fatbooggy

Post 3+ Months Ago

saidev wrote:
It looks like another pixel site, I've notice that TigerDirect and Dell in the pyramid but they look like some sort of pcp link instead of a direct link.

The guy gave me a affiliate link to post and not an actual website. Should I avoid that?
  • fatbooggy
  • fatbooggy

Post 3+ Months Ago

jfno67 wrote:
Again another mmmzr.com copy. The site graphics are off in FF 2.0 in 1280 pixel wide resolution. Why the pyramid, it just shows you want to keep most of the money, I don't think it's the way to make it popular.

I made some changes so it should now be better in ff 2.0 even at 1280. let me know!

jfno67 wrote:
Another question i would like to see answered is : Aren't powers of 2 a too steep progression to allow the site to get enough advertisers? I think it's partly what stalled mmmzr and haven't see copies at a less than doubling rate.

Not sure I get your point? In my concept you don't need to wait for 2 others to buy before getting double your money. Once your stone is resold you get double your money right away.
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes it now looks alright in ff2.0 even at 1280. Sorry I misunderstood, the pyramid made me think it was the case.

I still have a question. My interrogation is that if it doubles each time, don’t you think it will become quickly too expensive like for mmmzr?
  • fatbooggy
  • fatbooggy

Post 3+ Months Ago

jfno67 wrote:
Yes it now looks alright in ff2.0 even at 1280. Sorry I misunderstood, the pyramid made me think it was the case.

I still have a question. My interrogation is that if it doubles each time, don’t you think it will become quickly too expensive like for mmmzr?

Well yes and no, compare to MMMZR I have 51 stones lower then 10$ availlable. Even if they double a couple of times it will still be cheap for more then 150 people.

MMMZR had only a couple of spot that were very cheap. 5 lines if I remember.

So for sure the objective is to have them raise but it should take more times then MMMZR.
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with your site is that it is a illegal.
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you elaborate on why it is illegal? I saw similar comment about mmmzr.com and I don't understand how it is illegal.
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it is my understanding that any site that promises returns but leaves users holding the bag when the site collapses is considered a pyramid scheme. The site will collapse once the prices get to a certain level leaving the last contributors out big money. I believe in mmmzr.com's case, these people demanded their money back.

Another example are the old email pyramids. Remember these? 'send 5 bucks to the top name on the list, bump everyone up and add your name to the bottom'.
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would agree if there was nothing sold for the amount given, like in the email pyramids. But here the people are buying advertisement. The people stuck at the top will never get their money back (or double it), but they will have this advertisement. I agree it's going to be expansive advertisement;-)
  • masterweb
  • masterweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

True... they are getting something...

Although! There are a lot of pyramid schemes out there that do sell a product of sorts but are still classified as pyramid schemes...

I can't say for sure but I sure would be nervous promising monetary returns... I'm quite sure that mmmzr.com was shut down for it...
  • biznazz
  • biznazz
  • Loc: Miami, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty interesting concept. Is this intended to be something like the websites selling pixel space?

What are the incentives for your visitors?
  • chstout
  • chstout

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's illegal because it's a pryamid scheme. Similar to chain letters. Most people lose out. And the few that win, are winning at the expense of others. The scale doesn't hold out. At some point for people to get money, there has to be someone willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, which they won't spend. Eventually if people kept doing it, there wouldn't be enough money in the world to support it.

And if it's not actually illegal like so many other similar things, (e..g, it's something like a ponzi scheme), it's still unethical.
  • cgikanga
  • cgikanga
  • Loc: georgia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site describes an intrigueing marketing concept. It takes quite a while to understand it though, so you might not nail down impatient browsers. However, the pyramid is captivating.
  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got some feedback for you:

- The design is confusing. It took me several minutes to figure out where I was going and why.
- Name recognition is good on the items in the pyramid. I knew pretty quickly who you were associated with.
- Graphics on the site are so-so. The red at the top right looks weird. Maybe a font change would help?
- You should have testimonials on your site.. or a FAQ.. anything to add credibility.

Denis
  • charatpratap
  • charatpratap

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is a unique concept and is very interesting.The only thing which is lacking is the security of people's money as it is primary objective of your site,
i think it ivestment from your side on that account is lacking
thanks
  • Kyle_Lirette
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's pretty intriguing.

Nice idea, although the design could have been much better. I can see you put in a fair amount of effort. I can't give you too much constructive critism, because I don't want to seem like a know-it-all, I'm not a huge fan of business websites, but I have seen much better designs in business sites.
Perhaps you should put a bit more effort into it.
My rating: 7.1/10
Good effort.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers