SITE REVIEW: GrooveSeeker

• gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also just finished with a full redesign of GrooveSeeker, Japan's #1 party information website (based in Okinawa). Not so popular in Tokyo and Osaka yet, but give it a few months. GrooveSeeker is a danceclub / event directory, accessible by PC or cellphone (Japanese: AU, I-Mode, Vodaphone). I hope you like it.

http://www.gsv2.com
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's a dude got to do to get a review?
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like GrooveSeeker. :D The only thing that really bothers me is the main navigation. The red, and then the green on hover, are both very bright and don't seem to match. How about using a grey and the orange that you used for the other links instead? Play with it a bit.

Also, the links do not stretch all the way across the top of the main content area. Centering them would probably work just as well as making them even with the content table, just so long as you do something to make it more symmetrical. I like symmetry. :D So yes, I think that's about all, I wish you much luck! (perhaps I'll come back and review your other site later)
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geekette -> Thanks for the advice. I like the way the links are positioned perfectly, so there's no way I'm going to change that, but I appreciate the comments on the colors of the link boxes. I never really loved the current colors either. My wife chose them. She's a little goofy with color schemes sometimes. It's not terrible, but it's not great. Grey and orange sounds better. I'll dink around with it.

James -> I'd love to get some flash on my website, but I suck at flash and I don't want to put up sucky flash. :lol: I'm hoping my graphics design friend who made the robot dj guy will learn flash in the future and help me out. It'd definitely spice things up to have a little more movement.

I'm glad you like GrooveSeeker. It's been online for just over three years. The first design was awful, so it's good to see it finally where it is. We changed the design about two months ago.

How do you like the source code though? I'd say that's the #1 strength of the site. Pages load like lightning! :P
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the mobile idea, thats something we all should think about more. Your images are nice and optimized

I have a problem with your font. Ariel does not look good small on a screen so I suggest you use Verdana / Tahoma font for small text. (Ariel for large text)

Also why dont you want people to view source under IE?
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
Also why dont you want people to view source under IE?

Actually, I'm not really sure why the view source function isn't working. I'd personally like to know the reason if anyone has any ideas.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the font suggestion though. I'll try it out.
  • JakSmit
  • JakSmit
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the site,
you should sell that view source thing not
working, people would pay tones for that!

I like the graphics in the top left and bottom
right. Though, I must say, I find the red quite
strong on the table.

Also, when resizing the page it would be nice if the
middle text box also resized to accomodate smaller
sized monitors
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can view source - just not in IE
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Johan007 wrote:
you can view source - just not in IE

I wouldn't say that. I can view source just fine in IE.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes I can view source, other times I can't. I'm not really sure what the issue is. Perhaps there's some incomplete html code or something that's throwing the browser off. Wakaranai (I don't know). Oh well, as long as it works. :lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For what it is worth...I have IE set to "view source" in HTML-kit. When I clicked the link and went to your page it didn't work when I tried to view source the first time. So I tried my first work-around and that was to open your page in HTML Kit. After that...I could view any page you had. Hope that helps some.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers