SITE REVIEW: gtechnologydesign.com

• g-technology
  • g-technology

Post 3+ Months Ago

Web Site: http://www.gtechnologydesign.com

Target Keywords; El Paso Web Design & El Paso Web Hosting

I have finally redesigned my website to make it a bit more user friendly and not too cluttery. My aim was to provide clients with a glimpse of what we can do. Feedback on the design would be appreciated, but my biggest concern is getting feedback on how to get my site to show up on page one or two on Google and Yahoo. I have been able to get MSN where I need it but these two are driving me mad as I know many of you out there have experienced. Anyhow in the past I had not had any problems but now here I am. Hope to hear the great feedback you guys have to offer.
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Highlighting links with read and an underline is too much, IMHO.
The red is very bright; maybe a different shade would fit better.

The "we're featured" section looks messy.

I would not justify paragraphs, but have them raggedright (especially the
one starting "Research, calibrating, and measuring" which is unreadable in firefox.

Red on black (see bottom) is almost impossible to read.

MM
  • briteguy1227
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • briteguy1227
  • Loc: Seattle, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your home page looks kind of crowded. The reciprocal links is distracting to the user.

You might want to consider to put the reciprocal links into another page instead.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

the header image isn't the same colour as the background, so I can see a block around it ... which doesn't look professional ... at all ... I'm using Firefox so by the way ...

The W3C Validator found 29 errors in your coding ... click here to see them ... Now in my opinion that is not good at all seeing that you offer web-design, but your own page isn't even valid ...

then also, you have no rollovers ... that really bothers me, I love rollovers, it just gives a much better feel to a site ...

you could also make the link of the page that a user in on unclickable, for example if I am on the "home" page, you could make the "home" link unclickable, this way, users won't redirect to the page that they are already on ...

the "news feed" goes over the black at the bottom ... which looks very unprofessional ...

In IE you get that "Click To Activate And Use This Control" thing ... see this thread on how to fix that ...

TABLES ... oh no ... tables are too old school ... the new way of designing is by using CSS and DIVs and only using tables for what they are meant for ... tabular data ... you can really get some proper CSS tutorials from w3schools ...

Company Logo Design: $350 ... WOW ... that's expensive ... and looking at your logo I would pay that ever in my life ... Site specific search: $300 a month ... no way ... it's a small google form that you add that does that ... that takes about 2 minutes to implement ... briteguy1227 offers a fully customizable site search for $15 a month ...

On the "portfolio" page the images up top don't line up and aren't clickable, I would've thought that they would be links aswell ... maybe make them links ... And again on this page, the content goes over the bottom black part, and I'm sure that it's not supposed to ...

My vote: I don't like it ...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the flash animation on your front page is too low, I have to scroll down or I only see a half of it. True, I'm viewing on 1024x768, but then a lot of people still use that resolution.... it would be better IMO to move that paragraph of text down and the animation up - or alternatively rework it and make it shorter (in height, not duration)

Also a very curious design decision - in your header you have black letters on a black background? I could barely make them out until the alt text told me it's the g-technology logo. I'd strongly suggest making those letters a different color....
  • g-technology
  • g-technology

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay guys I made some changes to the site. I even went as far as adding some rollovers on some of the other pages except for the Home Page and Portfolio Page because if I do the Javascript for the reflection won't work. I will work on that when I have some time its really not a big concern for me anyway. I changed the color of the logo and some wording around. I also put on the portfolio that fact that you can click on the title to view the sites since I assume it was overlooked. Anyway good feedback I took some things in consideration, but mostly everyone seems to have missed my main concern, which was the Search Engine issue. As I mentioned before I have never had as much trouble as I am currently any feedback on that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

PLEASE check your site in firefox ... It doesn't look the same as in IE ... as a web-developer you're supposed to look at things like that ...

Getting your site on page one or two of google is extremely difficult ... but then again you offer SEO, so I can't see how you can offer that if you struggle with your own page so much ... Sorry but that feels a bit wrong to me ...
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you look at your own text? I believe you've used the wrong character encoding:
Quote:
...whether it’s for...
...necessity. Our....

That looks very unprofessional. You should use © for © etc.. A full list can be found here:
http://www.tntluoma.com/sidebars/codes/

I don't like your design either... you should look with firefox
  • buxr
  • buxr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would remove the flash because it slows the display of the site. The right hand side does not make sense to me? I guess they are links.. But it's very distracting.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers