SITE REVIEW: Guess My Age .net

• thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've spent some time improving the layout and use of Guess My Age .net and recently added a custom feature where you can place guess my age on your website.

I'd love to get a feel for what you do and don't like and any problems you've found with the site.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• BargainPred
  • BargainPred

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. What I like very much is the layout.

It is very friendly and it is easy to use.

The site does exactly what the domain adververtise
  • FhelZone
  • FhelZone

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could keep your visitors stay as long as they want, cool site :D
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

FhelZone wrote:
It could keep your visitors stay as long as they want, cool site :D

Yep, people spend a reasonable time on the website. About 11 minutes on average in fact!
  • dapezboy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Hawaii

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty cool site, I like how its layed out, and how you can just guess random people's age...
Haha.
Great.
Good Job!
  • N2S
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

this would have my sister addicted for a few days lol
but she gets tired of anything easily and fast.

nice concept though.
  • Alekseo
  • Alekseo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool site :) Really like how you allow others to add the system to their own site and the concept all-in -all. Design looks alittle old/unpolished tho, sry
  • Idandone
  • Idandone

Post 3+ Months Ago

The concept of the site is nice. The text is too crowded. I think you didn't made a good design job. all the links are working fine. The HTML code look correct. Fix the design.
  • tannas
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is an interesting and fun site! The content can be hard to read with the snowflakes behind it, but other than that it looks good!
  • victoriaphee
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • victoriaphee

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is fun. lol!

It looks fine to me except for the big ads
  • Staed
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Page looks like a blog and the banner at the header kills page experience you want to deliver.
  • omar1piamba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Colombia, Neiva (Huila)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi:
I went in to review the site, but can you believe?, I started playing and forgot at all my initial porpose...
And I'm here now and I can't remember design nor anything but the game... That's the important thing: Make your visitors enjoy the site!

CONGRATULATIONS!! You got your target.

A friend from Colombia,
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm just wondering if anyone that has reviewed this site so far besides staed, actually looked at the site or has actually ever designed a website. Or are you just being polite out of pity?

Did any of you even look at the code to see how bad it is? And anyone that is a graphic artist here had to see how bad the image quality is. Not to mention it's really nothing but google ads waiting to be clicked.

This is one of the kind of websites that I wish could just be automatically sweeped up by the bad website bot. Hmmmm....just had an idea. Maybe a bad website bot sweeper wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
  • solaris
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Totally in agreement. This site may fulfill it's purpose, but thats a fundamental basic. I could imagine this being a smaller part of a larger site, but it seems a bit arbitrary.

As for the design, the thing you have to focus on is the site's purpose and intended content. The first thing I noticed was how difficult it was for me to figure out what was the content and what wasn't an ad. I had to avoid clicking a google ad just to enter a guess! It's obvious you got the intended result with the script, but the site needs to focus solely on that. This seems like a revenue ploy. Just my opinion though.

Try to focus on your content before focusing on how to get revenue off of it. I like to follow a percentage of coverage rule when it comes to content that is meaningful and content that is just filler. In your case, I get the feeling that this was completely ignored, or maybe just for the most part. If you're going to use advertisements, try putting them in places that would attract attention, but not detract from the main purpose of the site. The overall organization of the layout gets all the blame for this.
  • armin3d
  • armin3d

Post 3+ Months Ago

very good website and layout.
just one thing i didn't liked was main column entry padding.
look at right column, it has 20px padding-top but main column padding-top is less than 10px
  • Markph
  • Born
  • Born
  • Markph

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went on your site. And it was pretty good. Just like all the other rate sites. Good job,
  • srivigneshwar
  • srivigneshwar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Funny and nice.
  • jcwilde1
  • jcwilde1

Post 3+ Months Ago

This reminds me exactly of Hot or Not from about 8 years ago. The layout is very dated but the content is very addicting and will get a lot of page turns. Good job.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers