SITE REVIEW: Guillermo Romero

• eoran
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eoran
  • Loc: Mexico City

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website for a Mexican artist; his work is mostly sculptures and mud figures: http://www.eoran.com/guillermoromero
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say get rid of the frames, and use more of your page.
  • croft15
  • Student
  • Student
  • croft15
  • Loc: Slovakia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, use more of page, it's so small, but in other ways it's ok
and use better colors, if u want to create "old"effect use darker colors
  • _mike_
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

First notion: Hunt down how to make your scrollbars coloured... they are now standard program gray... it does not blend with your site.

but to help you on your way: http://websitetips.com/articles/css/scrollbars/

for the rest... use the empty space... you have so much empty space, it's like staring at a flower through a 30 meter tunnel... make your page more screen filling, or add images at the edges of your content to make it blend more with the background so it creates the illusion of being filled.
  • MyAnimePhoto
  • Born
  • Born
  • MyAnimePhoto
  • Loc: www.MyAnimePhoto.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would say you should use more space .. instead of using a very limited amount of space ...
  • eoran
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eoran
  • Loc: Mexico City

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like everyone thinks I'm not suing well the space of the screen... I know it's limited, but actually that was the intention: to use a small portion of the space and keep everything in there. So from that point of view...does it look well?

Thanks for your feedback
  • waffles
  • Student
  • Student
  • waffles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nope. Use more screen. And don't hijack my browser size to show the pictures.

Also, don't necesarily listen to _Mike_ about the scroll bars. Yes, it'll look good in IE. But that's the problem, it'll only look good in IE. If you're willing to only have people using IE to see it, then go ahead. It's a simple CSS script. But otherwise, just don't worry about it. People expect the scroll bar to be grey (unless they change it for themself), it's not a big deal.
  • cyfarian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • cyfarian

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, and I like the style of not using the whole page. The only things that I am not wild about is the tones of the browns. I LOVE brown, but I don't think your browns match the gold of the background or in the gold gradient of his name.

Also, I don't think the style of the gradient matches the feel of the background and the links.

I would definitely lose the iframes. I am not wild about the scuplture image that you used (the one on the right that appears on every page. It looks a bit wierd). But if you lose the iframes, I would suggest using a different sculpture for each page to show off some of his other works.

Jill
  • jsh2134
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jsh2134
  • Loc: Boston and New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

could use more variability, its all the same, lose the frames and get a newer look for each section of the site, it will make people want to look at the guys art. Maybe if you msut keep the frames expand the window a little more, its too constrained.
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad for a basic portfolio site but it looks kind of amatureish. there are different portfolio tools some for free, that you can get to give the gallery portion of the site a more advance look and feel.

I liked the colors, but the site itself seems small compared to my 1024x768 resolution.

Also, the biography, etc could have a picture or 2 of the artist.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers