SITE REVIEW: guitar paradise

• guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

So this is a site I made. Its not completely finished and I'll be updating it to add news etc. Please be nice im only 14 and this is my third site. I know I need to change the color of the drop down menus but other than that I think its pretty cool. So here it is check it out! http://www.guitar-paradise.net76.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uh...you didn't get the memo about Cosmic-Sans?
  • guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whats wrong with cosmic-sans? Seriously. And what do you think about more than the font.
  • hFry
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The black and green isn't a good Color combination... i mean if your leaning towards A guitar theme based website. How about more neutral colors. The Night vision with late '90's website feel isn't working. play with some color schemes.

Props. nice Layout
  • guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the input. I like the green and black though. Anyways thanks for the props. Took me a long time to get a layout I liked.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

what he said. plus, cosmic-sans is so dead. it's like one of the no-no's of web design. don't get me wrong you may like it, but in essence the site is not about you. it is, but it's not. you are looking to create a design that a vast majority will like, appreciate and come back to regularly. not just something you like. what about some imagery of guitars or people playing. also, that drop down effect is very hard on the eyes. not sure if it's because the white on black or what. But when i click, i can't see the text in the dropdown until i rollover. NOT GOOD. At first I assumed you didn't have content there. Then I notice that I could just barely make it out. You should change the title of your pages. "CompanyName..." is not going to help your listing. I think this is an awesome idea, and you might be a great guitar player, but the design is lacking and dated and it has a ton of errors in the HTML and CSS. Which won't help you either. But I would suggest a more up to date template. There are tons of free ones out there. Good luck!
  • zinko
  • Born
  • Born
  • zinko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

The guitar image is very low quality. Also I think you should change the font :)
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I give you 8 out of ten points for using CSS to layout your site. However, minus 2 points for not linking to an external CSS. Of course you could use some design tips. And you might want to rethink your font selection.
  • TsX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors are ew, but if you like them, no problem.

You currently have no title implemented, simple fix.

Overall I think you know what you need to do to finish the site up. It is a free domain so I'm not expecting much. So although it obviously has its flaws, I think what you should focus on is the content. Start filling it up. Then spend some more time on the design.
  • guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I took your guys advice and I got a new template so if you wanna check it out agian Id really apreciate it.
  • themanbeast9
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • themanbeast9

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand the work you put into this site, but why don't you just install Wordpress? It would make the site seem much more professional.
  • guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks I have put a lot of work into it but what's wordpress? I've never heard of it could you tell me what it does and where I can get it. Also, is it free?
  • animatorsathish
  • animatorsathish

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a great design when compared to your age. Keep it up.

But you have to take some more care while selecting the fonts.
  • guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can someone tell me what wordpress is and how I can find it and use it?
  • jrosworld
  • jrosworld

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've done a much better site at age 14 than I could do. I'm not a fan of the design though. The fonts are unappealing & I don't really like the colour. There is nothing about that really jumps out at me. Maybe utilise more of the page space & add a little more colour.
  • guitarlover34479
  • guitarlover34479

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your input, what color do you think I should make the font?
  • pcemengg
  • pcemengg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Nice. But your font size was too big. If you change the font style in the website, it will look neatly. Otherwise its good.
  • pcemengg
  • pcemengg

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any attractive color but related to the background color. That's not the matter change the font style if you need.
  • Silmarillion
  • Silmarillion

Post 3+ Months Ago

the colour is ok with me, but the main page looks poor.. how about adding a search bar there? and maybe a pick of a day..
  • alexmos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Europe, RO

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm... I see it like a website that no one will get back to... what is the purpose of the website?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers