SITE REVIEW: Guitar sales site

• gregsvintageguitars
  • gregsvintageguitars

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please be kind as possible, I have had zero training in web development,code,design or any other aspect of webwork ,I have done everything myself from day one on my site,from the pictures,placement,content,colors ,etc.etc. I have had to use a template as I can not write code, I feel as I have pushed the template as far as it can go , and unfortunately I can not afford a website like I want, any review would be appreciated and if their is another forum area here I should also post for help , please let me know, Thank you in advance, Greg.
http://www.gregsguitars.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Greg,
While the pictures on the site are nice. I would suggest going a different route with the site. Either you can hire a designer/developer or if funding is an issue I would suggest that you install wordpress on your server then go to themeforest and buy a template and add it to your wordpress then use that. I make these suggestions because even though your website has a basic layout the design is rather lacking.

Hope this helps.
  • gregsvintageguitars
  • gregsvintageguitars

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I am unfamiliar with the themeforest site, any paticular one )s) I should look at? I really like this layout here for one of my stores.http://www.gbase.com/stores/gregs-guitars/inventory
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really depends on your taste. As long as you stay in the wordpress section all of the available sites will work for you. Just roll over the image on the left and it will give you a preview.

Also if you have a guitar you wouldnt mind loosing, you might be able to find a designer in your area willing to do a trade.
  • khbasha
  • khbasha

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Greg

http://www.gregsguitars.net/ site doesn't look good and the font style is too odd, need to present it pleasant and appealing should attract the users.

Anyways it depends on the taste of the website owner, this is my opinion.
  • johnllino
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • johnllino
  • Loc: USA Kansas City

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
Hi Greg,
While the pictures on the site are nice. I would suggest going a different route with the site. Either you can hire a designer/developer or if funding is an issue I would suggest that you install wordpress on your server then go to themeforest and buy a template and add it to your wordpress then use that. I make these suggestions because even though your website has a basic layout the design is rather lacking.

Hope this helps.

Really nice pictures but the site layout is not that attractive. There are lots of wordpress theme that you can choose from like wpsublime or just some of the basic one. with well organized site you could then attract the potential clients. Nice writings though. :wink:
  • marsprobe
  • marsprobe

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you wanted to save time and money, you need to tweak the current site which has the basics to be ok. Here are my suggestions:
Change font to a softer font and all one colour ie soft grey.
Don't over use capitilsation.
Remove heavy blocks of text and break up a bit with smaller pictures. Too much text in parts. It gets boring and people look away!
Increase width of website. Too much crammed into one small block on the page and too much background colour to focus on.
Get a proper email address. Lots of people will not take a business seriously if it operating from a hotmail/yahoo gmail etc account
Perhaps make the page a split page with two halves and push images to top with bite size text to get people interested.
Font very hard to read over the image of guitar on front page. Maybe make this image your logo then put links below it with the text just below that?
You seem to have thrown all your information onto the first page and it's a long scroll down!.
Hope this helps
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was a little disappointed to read that site and try and decode it, there are some great guitars there but MY GOD who designed the site.

now firstly the single page layout is just horrible, if you really want a layout for shopping then i siggest a min of 3 products wide and keep the list going down and if lots of products are needed then make a few pages. It will take half as long to load and reduce the stress on the server from breaking down the site.

Also using a yahoo email is un-professional in my opinion so if you have a proper server setup then i suggest you start using the mail software on the server so you can have sales@guitars,com and sales@guitars,com.

If i was you i would rip it down and rebuild it and replace the developer.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks really busy on some of the text is really hard to read. I would expand the width to at least 700 and clean up the text a little.
  • Mustafa_Aslan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mustafa_Aslan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Greg,

It really doesn't look good at all. And doesn't help visitors to find what they are looking for either.

Just get either a premium or free template that goes with your type of business. There plenty of them available on the net.

Regards,
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 47 days ago

Hi! gregsvintageguitars Just now I have visited your website It is really nice and good to see the one and only change need to do is to change the background colour of the description which you have mentioned in black colour to some other colour If so, then surely, your website will get a best look and overview.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers