• Novice
  • Novice
  • Global

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everybody,

SITE NAME : Guru Images

SITE URL: http://www.guruimages.com

SITE GENRE : Free Image Host

Discription/about the site: Guru Images is a free, fast, reliable image host. Our goal is to provide the 'best' quality image hosting around. GuruImages started in June and has grown extremely fast hitting a record of 57 Uploads and it's been open for about 1 - 2 months. We currently have had 0% Downtime and Garentee 99.9% uptime.

Would you spare a moment to review this site, and if you like it and think its well done please use it.

Comments/Ratings/Reviews/Suggestions/Critisism all Welcome.

Thanks,
Global (Guru Images Admin).
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked please resume your reviews.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is simple and looks Pro. Though , you should add more contents , since the navigation bar looks empty , or atleast centre you navigation bar at the top. I have noticed that the support page's layout is different from ther pages. if you can adjust it somewhere under the header , it would look good.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a bit interesting that you have an upload page as the homepage; don't I need to sign up as a member to create an account in which to store my pictures? I would also suggest that your support page have the same layout and color scheme as the other two pages. Looks like a project with good potential!
  • Global
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Global

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Thank you for your comments/reviews. Firstly, our goal was to provide a image hosting service which is easy-to-use, so we decided users dont need to have an account this really just wastes time. However we have plans in December which we'll be introducing User Accounts and we'll still have the old system.

As for the navigation we are improving that very soon and adding more content.

Our support system is run by a script called 'osTicket' this enables a much more user-friendly interface and easyer to understand and we'll look into intergrating our logo/banner into it.

Please continue reviewing as I need to know what users think, also if you will use this image host overs other that is great :)

~Global
  • Gaminglegend
  • Gaminglegend
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. A simple design that works remarkably well, with your hosting system working nicely also. No ideas on improving the site at this stage.
  • mmelen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mmelen
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the nice simple design. I might want to play around with the google adsense colors to better match the site. Also, if it's possible I would make it that the user gets to choose how many pictures they would like to upload (up to 10) instead of the default always beinf 3.
Good job otherwise.
  • tuanktvn
  • Born
  • Born
  • tuanktvn
  • Loc: VN

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea it's very nice
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it would look better if u had the backgroung color be that same dark grey as the navigation bar white on black looks good opisite attracts
  • Global
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Global

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Thnx for the great comments/reviews. Please continue reviewing.

Also, you can choose the number of upload fields. Their is a textbox which allows you to type a number for example '7' then hit 'reload' and it'll give 7 upload fields.
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

your hosting one of my images!
  • Global
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Global

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, thnx for all the reviews,

However please keep them coming.

I have a surprise for you all soon (To do with GuruImages) we're gonna change it ALOT.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have already been using it, I love it, it is on my favorites list :-D. I think you should rename the images so you can upload another one. Like imageshack.us.
  • yktan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yktan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks simple and pleasing. The one complain I have is the menu bar looks kind of empty. Maybe you can remove the grey background?
  • Rave Reviews.co.nr
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Harrington Park, Sydney Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Navagation is very easy to use thats always good :D
  • Global
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Global

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone to commented. I have noted the suggestions and most will be used in Version 2 of GuruImages coming in December.

We now have hundreds of people uploading in GuruImages daily, we also are now indexed in Google :)

Thanks again,
Global
  • Nebulous
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Nebulous
  • Loc: Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

a very nice clean/professional looking site. Its easy to navigate and provides a good service. Well done.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers