SITE REVIEW: GuyTalk

• MysteryLeo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MysteryLeo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Everyone,

I've been building a site for my friend. It isn't totally functional yet, I'm just looking for expert critiques about the design.

Mainly, what we're doing right (makes me feel somewhat competent).

And .. . . What sucks and how we should change it. I can take it, since this is still early, and i haven't married the design yet.

I really appreciate any advice.

Click here fo Guy Talk

Thanks a bunch.

Leo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 168 errors in your code ... you can click here to see them ...

The site looks a lot like a blog to me instead of a site ... maybe there are a few too many videos on the home page, because the site does load a very long time ...

I think it'd be better if you switch the google ads and the "recent comments" ... imo that'd look better ...
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dude change that main page, Like the above post states that looks more like a blog than anything. I suggest that you make a new mainpage keeping the site navagation bar at the top.

Mabye add some Flash or pictures mabye some videos. Other than the main page not looking to great ( MY OPINION ONLY) Then its pretty good.
  • UVBoy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: London, Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree with previous posts.

Here's my unique input:

When I visited your website the first article I see is some naked dude hanging from a telephone wire with a female cop looking at him in bewilderment.

To me, that type of content lends itself more to a picture of a bottle of beer than it does to a martini. If that kind of content is going to be your main focus I would re-think that top image.

It's just a small point, but it helps to set the tone.
  • p7
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • p7

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a lot of excessive scrolling to me on this site. I think one way to reduce this a least some is to maybe have more categories on the home page.

Another thing about the scrolling I think it would be a good idea to find a way to get back to the navigation part of each page because if a person is all the way at the bottom of the page it is going to be sort of hard to navigate back to the home page if a person wants to. I seem to remember there is a way to go to any part of a web page easily from any part of the page but at this moment I don't exactly remember what it is called.

Speaking of the categories on the home page. I don't know if it was the gray on black or what but I did not really notice them until I clicked and went to another page for some reason.
  • buxr
  • buxr

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first impression the page load time was kind of slow.. Maybe it's just my connection.. But as I'm writing this it's still loading.

I think the pictures are great! You should probably seed the forum with some more posts. I know it's hard, but a site with few posts looks bad.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page seems a little slow but not that slow? Mabye it's your computer.
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would of liked to see my attention focused towards your top image. However, it did not 'pop'. I feel your top image should reflect the content on your website. Is that a martini glass? I personally do not drink these and would not associate it with guy talk. Maybe we are in different demographics. There is a lot of scrolling (which is understandable being that is a blog). I agree that a category area would improve navigation and comprehensiveness. Good job.
  • MysteryLeo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MysteryLeo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey everyone. I've done some major updates to look and feel over the past couple of weeks (much more contrast being one of them). I'm out of ideas on what I could improve on.

Anyone have any ideas what works and what sucks?

guys.rawsignal.com
  • hhappyearl
  • Born
  • Born
  • hhappyearl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
A good theme but content is always good plus you only have one keyword (blog) which is used on every page I saw, optimze a specific keyword I use wordtracker and have had great results with traffic and rankings. People do like these sites though evryone loves to watch intersesting clips.

Jon
  • Mightymule
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mightymule
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not techi, but from 1st views i think that the videos you have are too big! They take up to much space! Maybe consider making smaller with more!

Not sure the martin glass is really guys stuff, unless you are James Bond! Love the titles, especially the sex!
  • cheatartor
  • cheatartor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your blog uses "Share this" plug-in,Why it link to addthis.com?

:)
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish there weren't so many entries with video clips. A bit of writing or a still image would be great once in a while... I'm usually reluctant to run videos, much prefer content that stays still....

anyhow that girl writing about women's 'options' is quite something......

The site looks nice. I do like. Header and all. I just think that the low-res videos make it look less sleek than it would with more text etc.
  • hervens
  • hervens
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website looks pretty good.

Only thing is their is probably a bit too much information on the main page. It also makes the page a bit longer to load.

But besides that, great job!
Oh, and
what do you think the guy to girl ratio is ? :)
  • clposting1802
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • clposting1802

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, I like the fact that the adds you have are not annoying.
Nice, I like the colour scheme a lot.
  • lee_web
  • lee_web

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first impression is that the site looks too simple and I would probably close it if I accidentally stumbled on it.

The good thing that I like about it is that there a lot of content that visitors may enjoy.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers