SITE REVIEW: happyharry.co.uk

• jasper
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please give me your thoughts and feedback on

http://www.happyharry.co.uk

a simple site hopefully pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate.

Many thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DRicher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DRicher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey jasper,

Well, it is easy to navigate to be sure.

I kinda like the rollovers even if I'm not quite sure what those balloony things are supposed to be. Clown feet? Deflated balloons? hmmm

The logo is cutesy and definately happy--I think it fits with the type of product you are renting. The baby pic kind of doesn't feel right with all the cartoonlike graphics elsewhere.

Also, use a mailto: command on the contact email.

Dave
  • jasper
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback.

The baby picture was at the customer request - what can I say!

Jasper
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is easy on the eye and since I have a headache, it is simple. Great Job.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey.. the site is good..if u round crop the pic of the baby..and round the edges and add a outter glow effect it wud look mucch better..neways the site looks good :)
  • omirix
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I dont like the picture of the kid to the left of the title, and I dont like the rollovers or intro content. Do more work on content, as well.
  • LifesBattles.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • LifesBattles.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, i liked the easy navigation, but i didn't so much like the quailty of the pictures. You could probably do something with the pic of the kid beside your logo. Maybe blend them together, or get a better pic. The logo is nice. Seems only good for 1024x768 resolution.

Just my 2 cents
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the navigation...kinda funny. However, the babyneeds to be worked on. First of all i think it should be a bit bigger, do the outer glow effect as suggested and blend it in with the text and give the baby a cartoon like effect because it's realism just makes it stand out.
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is well themed - i like the colour scheme.

i would usually say that flash is bad due to SEO reasons but i prosume that your visitors are mainly people who have seen your url via. local advertising.

the only thing that i can see what can be a bonus is change the names from 'bouncy castle 1/2/3...' to more exciting/memorable names... but that isnt a web design issue but rather business management.
  • guyute
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guyute

Post 3+ Months Ago

I definitely like the rollovers, although I wasn't sure what a bouncy castle was until I saw the pics. The pic for Bouncey castle 2 (and 3) is blurry which could easily turn off a potential customer. It hurt my eyes, and will probably hurt theirs.

The opening page has too many paragraphs. I found it hard to get a clear idea of what you sell, right away (had to look at the pics). Try re-organizing so its clear what you sell if a sentence or two (possibly with bolding that sentence/paragraph)

good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers