SITE REVIEW: HEE - Halo Easter Eggs

• Darc3st1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Darc3st1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I recently re-scripted HEE. What do you think? Got any tips for me?

HEE
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is way plain, and I don' tlike that green block in the middle for the main table, maybr just center it, and make it the same width as the top header logo, I think that would make it a bit better already, and to make sure the site is compatible down to 800x600, make sure your top header logo is a maximum of 760px.

I also think the colours don't match the logo (which is the best part of the site), so I would suggest rethinking your colour scheme ...

I'm not going to add anything else now, but as soon as that's updated or something happens on the site I will post again ...
  • Darc3st1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Darc3st1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the input, given how easy to change the site color scheme with the .css file I will see what I can do about it.

Darc3st1
  • usvetsnetwork
  • usvetsnetwork
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kind of a cool site even though I don't know what it's about. :)
  • Darc3st1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Darc3st1

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
The site is way plain, and I don' tlike that green block in the middle for the main table, maybr just center it, and make it the same width as the top header logo, I think that would make it a bit better already, and to make sure the site is compatible down to 800x600, make sure your top header logo is a maximum of 760px.

I also think the colours don't match the logo (which is the best part of the site), so I would suggest rethinking your colour scheme ...

I'm not going to add anything else now, but as soon as that's updated or something happens on the site I will post again ...

What about the theme now?
  • omnimesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

the image at the top is good.. except the HEE 'logo' and text, think about changing it to something closer to the text used on the game cover

same thing with the colors for the rest of the site. Blue for text and objects and orange to yellow for the background.. or the other way around, either way creating a brighter site with more contrast/ more visual interest.

Otherwise the site works fine and you have a good start, keep going.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

All right, now I would suggest you go check the w3c validator for errors in your coding ... http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ggs.net%2F ... then I would suggest you make this ...
www.haloeastereggs.com wrote:
<table border="1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="%100"><tr><td><span class="news">

not a 100% wide, it looks funny on screens with a large resolution like 1280x1024 ... rather make it the same size as your logo image (941 px) ...

And please check ... on your site my mouse pointer doesn't change when I am on one of your rollovers, it just stays a normal pointer instead of becoming a hand, that's quite annoying actually ...

Also the white border around all the tables really don't look good, maybe make them another colour, or remove them completely ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wrote:
And please check ... on your site my mouse pointer doesn't change when I am on one of your rollovers, it just stays a normal pointer instead of becoming a hand, that's quite annoying actually ...

It only happens in IE, not in firefox ...
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I think its distributed well but needs some tweaks.
First, I have to say that the main content could require more padding and thinner borders. You should put on some link hover effects. If I was making a site similar to that, I would make the title image start it off and then have a background image on the body that repeats vertically and the title image obscures the top to make the start be different, then I would reduce the size of the main containter to the width of the background, this would make it look cool. (I can't type much that makes sense...). Oh, I like the name idea :D Hee hee (thats meant to be a laugh... oh dear what a stupid joke)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers