SITE REVIEW: Helfman Ford

• SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Karachi, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. everyone, I am back again :twisted:

Please review my project http://www.helfmanford.com and http://www.gurej.com these are one of my newest projects.

thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DrummingAddict
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Mount Juliet, TN - Just east of Nashville

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love it! Better than the stock Ford design! Two things I would consider... Add the ieupdate.js file so the user doesn't get the stupid click here to activate box, and adjust the pictures to be in relation because they look bad getting squished like they are. Other than that... Great splash page and very easy and intuitive! Brilliant!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Ford site isn't bad. The design is nice and images are easy and the colors are not blinding.
  • SoulDesigns
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Karachi, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

DrummingAddict wrote:
I love it! Better than the stock Ford design! Two things I would consider... Add the ieupdate.js file so the user doesn't get the stupid click here to activate box, and adjust the pictures to be in relation because they look bad getting squished like they are. Other than that... Great splash page and very easy and intuitive! Brilliant!

thanks both of you, DrummingAddict, please guide me more about the ieupdate.js file, because I do not know about it, the problem with flash you mentioned is annoying for sure. thanks.
  • dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Haifa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The ford site is blank. I suppose that it's flash, no? You need a non-flash version as well. Not only for SEO, but also for people (like me) who choose not to install flash. In any case, that site fails W3C validation with 10 errors.

The gurej site has 100 errors. Get that to a reasonable number, and there will be something to talk about. I'll gladly review a more standards-compliant site.
  • Kait
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work! cool design, good colors...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

helfmanford.com
Firstly ... very nice splash page ... I really like it, in general I don't like splash pages, but this one is very effective ...

47 W3C Validation errors ... you can click here to see them ...

You could maybe preload those rollovers for people with slower internet connections ... otherwise they might not see them ...

Maybe it's time you start using CSS and DIV's and dump the tables from now on ...

On the navigation, when I hover over one of the sub-menus, my mouse cursor doesn't become a hand it becomes an I like when in notepad ... maybe just change that ...

gurej.com
First thing is that there are no rollovers in the top menu, that bothers me quite a bit ... and that they are images and not text ... I realise that that is not a standard font, but it is better for SEO to use text links ...

100 W3C Validation errors ... click here to see them ...

Then maybe you could disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "about" page, you could disable the "about" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), this will make sure the user knows which page he/she is on, and make sure that the user doesn't redirect to the page that he/she is already on ...

It's a bit strange to me that the "login" and "cart" pages have a different background-color than the others, it doesn't fit well to me ...

It's also not good design practise to shrink big images with a width and height statement, I would say you should rather take all those and make thumbnails of them ... they'll load much quicker then ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers