SITE REVIEW: In Home Health Care

• Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the second time that i pulled off a “clean” design that i feel happy with. I would like to get other input to get a general consensus about the design (ignore the content, it is just starting):

http://InHomeHealthCareAgency.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not sure that I am too thrilled with the color scheme. I feel the "pure" blues and reds make the design feel a bit childish. I do think the layout works, but I would suggest you look into some more "calm" colors.

Also, I believe the font seems a bit too large, I think it does not convey the seriousness the site encompasses.

And a final thought about the logo, I feel that the simple text does not do the site justice, it seems very blog-esque if you know what I mean. I think you might be able to find a more complex typographical representation for the logo and set the site apart visually.

Besides that, I believe the layout, the 'clean' design works very well and has great foundations, keep up the great work!

I hope that helps, and if I have been unclear in any of my descriptions, I would love to clarify if it shall help.

Best of Luck.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with most everything. I lowered the saturation of the blue a few days ago (on the dev server) and it actually looked better and more professional, but i guess i needed to hear it from someone else.

Also, i'm still playing with the logo text; i'm not happy with it either.

As far as the font goes, this site is for old people, so i try to make it easier for them to read. I know that you can adjust your font with your browser, but most old people don't know that.

Thanx!
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha, I didn't really think about the old people, it's probably best to leave that then. :)
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, i fixed the blues (waiting for adsense to catch up with the color changes to match) and there was another issue someone pointed out about the content getting messed up if Ad-Block was on, so i fixed that too. Still have to do something about that damned logo text though.......
  • laura82
  • Born
  • Born
  • laura82
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website..
  • Ferral
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

site look emply try add some interest in site. Looks like satellite, i think that you should need re design site. In your place i , maybe, add some large color image its will good for visitors, because i people love good image. :)
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to have a large image in the middle, with a slogan in it, and people kept saying i should take it out, so i eventually did, but not for them (there was anther reason). Anyway, thanks Yoda :D
  • FettesPS
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • FettesPS
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

By any chance was that logo made with AAA Logo? Looks oddly familiar (as I've used that program many times in the past)
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, i made it with the pencil and bucket fill and gradient tools in gimp, and then applied 1px blur to blend it. I figured an icon of a home and a medical cross will get the point across without having too much detail or complexity.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers