SITE REVIEW: homepage4

• PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

New here. Think the 3 review rule is cool. Certainly learnt a bit from the exercise.

Please kindly review http://www.homepage4.com

Be patient - loads a bit slow as it uses AJAX. Just finished development.

Thanks
  • kokkada.com
  • Student
  • Student
  • kokkada.com
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very slow loading website not get good qulity traffic.
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I wonder if you actually got through. The slow loading is inherent in AJAX / web2 websites. After that, navigation is supposed to be like your desktop. It is slow because a lot of data is being added to the desktop. Thanks. We will see what we can do - AJAX is relatively new.
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

indeed i was acctually asked if i could use it by a friend, alas i do not know it :(

hmm took about 20 seconds to load but yeah as you say it's slow loading because it acts as a desktop.

images are pixlated but otherwise clean design :)

cant click in the search nor on the buttons, i have no idea if the page has finished loading but my browser says it has, if it has then the images need a bit of work if not leave the design just try to get the laod time faster
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. Please kindly let me know which browser you are using as we have to design for every browser individually. Did you manage to click on any of the ads and play audio / video clips?

Thanks again.
  • cre8ivemind.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • cre8ivemind.com
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site is looking very good, but not working properly in opera, i am using opera 8.5, i cant see your " open account, clear history & ad categorise " links properly,
anyway good luck,
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. We have not yet designed for opera - we figured that very few people use it so we have concentrated on firefox and explorer.
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i use Mozilla Firfox 1.5.0.4 on a LCD 1024 x 768 resolution screen, i was able to click the links at the bottom but nothing else loades apart from the images, the main content was still missing.
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. The images contain data. If you place your cursor on the image, you should see the ad title below the search box. If you click on the image, it should open a page with details of the ad, links to play audio / video files if uploaded and link to visit the website if the advertiser has one. There are also links at the bottom of the page to rate / review the ad, tell a friend, report or bookmark it. You can also click on the (+) sign at the top of the image to add it to your favourites. If you do have a minute to spare, please play with it and kindly let me know if these work for you.

In the meantime, we are making changes based on all the very constructive comments. Thanks indeed.
  • petals_28
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • petals_28
  • Loc: Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Ur work is really good. Its clean. But as lot of people said, its really slow. None of the user will wait so long.

U need to improve the speed.

Bye

Dips
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks - I am currently working on this. All the comments have been very helpful. Will ask for another look once I have finished.

Thanks.
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to all your comments, I have now made updates to the website (bar a few finishing touches) and will appreciate further comments please. Website is: http://www.homepage4.com.
  • ThomasB
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ThomasB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, it would be cool if you had some rollovers on the top of your site. Also I think you need to work on your header.
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Comments please. There are only a few test products / services / jobs on the site at present and the best way to see is to click ob browse products and then close the browse page to view all test products. One or two things left to sort out but comments please.

Paul
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

URL is http://www.homepage4.co.uk
  • sugashaker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you might want to think of a different URL i mean domain name as your current one looks towards 'SPAM'.Might discourage users visiting it. Just an opinion.

Rather then that great start- and a very good combination of colors for the layout.
white background has always proved to be useful.

Good Luck!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've merged your 2 topics. Even though the URL ending is different, please continue from this topic.
  • amtiger
  • amtiger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is looking very good. I dont understand about search engine.when i type: shoes,it's display result :shoes,washing machine,Strolling Bowling.I like your site.good luck
  • ownskin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is really very neat and clean. It is a fully WEB2.0! Well done!

I am using Firefox with my default background set to gray color. Since your site do not set the BODY to white color, the gray color background does not match your white color html body. I think it will be nice if you can set your html body to white color.

The speed is fast, it only take a few seconds for me to retrieve my search result.

I do not understand what the PLAY button means.

In summary, I will give it a 7.5/10 !
  • alibaba711
  • alibaba711

Post 3+ Months Ago

it takes too long to load your page dude, seriously!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers