Comments, Suggestions, Review.

http://gpinn.com/gpinn2/index.htm

Thanks.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would remove the brown space above the logo.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks really good. Just a few things I would change. On the nav, I would let the viewer know which page they were on. Maybe make a slightly more sophisticated rollover effect. Also, I would make sure you images are optimized. Some seem a little big. Also, the image in the header of the home page looks really weird. Is that a real pic or a render?

The logo looks perfect. The typography is perfect, almost too perfect. Can't remember which chain uses that same font, but who cares. The nav again is a little lacking.
  • brentjlaf
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes the picture on the home page is a rendering.
  • Search Marketing Man
  • Search Marketing Man
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The brown shutter board like image behind the header must go, the brown background in itself is cool. The nav needs boldening
  • brentjlaf
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Updated

More comments/suggestions please.

http://gpinn.com/gpinn2/index.htm
  • kamarada
  • Born
  • Born
  • kamarada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad design.Navigation also. But to many keywords in the tags, and not enough in the body, and not the best description in the description tags and body. I suggest you to find the most relevant keywords related to your business and use them wisely on your tags and body text.
Good luck!
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a great improvement. I think I would re-work the header. It looks a little odd. I think you were trying to be artistic by shifting the image and the border, but it just doesn't look right. Especially on the right hand side. This is a hotel so you could take that border all the way around. It won't be as unique, but it might look a little better. All jokes aside, someone might not know if this was done on purpose or if the box broke.
Also, I think the content area is a little too white. I would add a subtle pattern of some sort in the bg. Or a transparent box. The rest of the page is so rich in color I think something inside the content area would really compliment it.
I didn't look at the code or anything, but this by far a great improvement. Good luck!
  • ziipa
  • Born
  • Born
  • ziipa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would bring the reservation system of the site rather than opening to another page. On the "getting here" since you are a hotel you may want to offer directions from some landmarks such as the local airport.I would also add a contact form rather than just an email.
  • wsdjr
  • wsdjr

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks alright-if you can move the Grand Prarie Inn to the top left corner just above the orange jusce. Make the black background for the menus to goe fully accross at both ends.

The site looks great-with just those minor touch-ups-I hope you will agree that it is a satifactory job

God bless
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. I like the earth tones for the color scheme, it relays warmth and a 'welcome to my home' feel to it. The only thing I would critique really is that the reservations opens in a pop up to another site. I would look into integrating it with the site by php, or adding an external link icon to the reservations links.

Visitors are always wary of links to new sites without being warned of it.

Besides that it is a nice site, nice clean code.

Oh, and I think you should take advantage of a couple more hover overs, makes the site more interactive.
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know what it looked like before people started reviewing it, but it looks great now! Good job! This is going into my bookmark category "Nice Designs" for when I need inspiration.
  • brentjlaf
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

rhwebs wrote:
I don't know what it looked like before people started reviewing it, but it looks great now! Good job! This is going into my bookmark category "Nice Designs" for when I need inspiration.

This is what it looks like http://gpinn.com/just a few minor adjustments before the new design goes live.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice revision.
  • expat
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • expat

Post 3+ Months Ago

no complaints here, very clean and informative site.
  • ContentKing
  • Born
  • Born
  • ContentKing

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using Firefox 3 and the menu look unaligned, or maybe it supposed to be like that?

I would consider changing any non-photo images to gif or png, the "book now" on the right is jpg which could show up blury based on compression rates of someones browser/isp
  • Gloria1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gloria1

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good! great color! ..however, i think you can work on the logo a little bit.. It looks good though! try photoshop! :D
  • themarr76
  • themarr76

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site, easy to use, the reservation page is particularly good, its easy and gives instant prices....
  • Core2Quad
  • Core2Quad

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,
I really like the way your site is designed.. All colour scheme, everything looks awesome.. Just a word of care is that please use some cutting edges at the corner and let the site rock the industry :)

thanks,
Julia watt
Web development company :: FutureWEBSTORE.com
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the header image jumps out of its frame and extends all the way to the edge of the screen on the right side... but maybe that's just because I'm viewing in IE6.

I'm not mad about the mucky brown check pattern behind the title. But otherwise it looks excellent...
  • web01
  • web01

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really liked the site. It is very organized, clean, tidy. Looks very appealing.I really liked the background colour. i was going through the gallery, i was taking 5-7 secs for the next pic to open, on clicking in the next button. Maybe my server problem, but i think, it should at max take 2-3 secs. Overall, the site is perfect.
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi nice site, only thing is and it may be deliberate, although i doubt it..on page for rooms your header looks different to the rest of the preceding pages...ie the border sits strangly..you banner stretches too far in comparrison...also on banquets page..you then loose the border completly, i like sites to look kind of uniform, with that in mind id finish the banner header on the right hand side of the page to sit inside the border, but thats my opinion..

however nice site, not too much content, which may effect ranking possibility
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site.. relay liked it.
flash reservation form is too good. but at billing portion text are too small. make it a bit larger.
  • infite
  • infite

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site. I like picture gallery nav

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers