SITE REVIEW: Housebaked! Free Tutorials and Howto's

• Ulrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is very new (Launched 6 March) so there's not *such* a vast amount of content just yet but I'm working on it.

I'd like to know whether you think I should add a little bit more images to the page within the content to make it look more appealing and whether you think the content is up to standard and whether it's interesting enough.

I know that I made a mistake because I launched the forum too early and I don't yet have enough credibility & visitors.

What do you think about the navigation and colours?

In short: What would be the best improvements I could make for the site?

http://housebaked.gigacities.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

:arrow: The obvious is that you are on a free host, I suggest that you either Purchase a cheap domain name and point it at that website, ( Looks more professional than a free subdomain name) Or purchase hosting for a paid host.

:arrow:
Quote:
We offer you...
Free web design, programming, Linux and other tutorials, howto's, handy hacks, reviews and many more interesting reads for YOU. New Linux migrants can now finally find the answers to the questions that need to be answered, all at one place AND interact with a growing community just because YOU are entitled to a world where knowledge is free!

That said. Welcome to Housebaked! Browse around and have a peek, chances are you'll find something you like and check back weekly for updates.

All that text is not alligned with all the other text on the homepage, Nothing major but im a little fussy :P

:arrow: This is down to your choice, But i dont see the point in this
Quote:
Your IP address is : 81.106.178.159

:arrow: Your design is great, Nice navagation and some intresting content that you have there, Great work and I love the simple colour scheme you have :P
  • Ulrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the critique. I agree that the IP thing is pretty much pointless, just starting out with PHP so I thought i'd also use the site as a playground for my learning.

I have moved hosts and am moving my content to a new design that I made. http://sourcemeup.zzl.org The content isn't there yet but the layout is basically done. I just can't figure out how to fix the footer problem in IE though.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Design by Ulrich Holtzhausen
© Sourcemeup sourcemeup.zzl.org - 2008
Linking and mirroring to any portion of this site is allowed. The redistribution of static copies (whether print or online) is strictly prohibited.

Is that the Bug in IE you are talking about? It seems to overlap some of your website, It goes up to the latest news bit, And I can see there should be more text but i cant see it becuase that thing is in the way.

The layout is good, and I like the colour scheme, I am not to sure that i like the logo for your website though.
  • Ulrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, that is the IE layout problem. There aint more text there actually but there is an image below it. IE renders the footer directly below the last content it sees in the "content" div it seems and it doesn't include images.

I will see what I can do about the logo if I can first get to fix my page's problem.
  • vahho
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vahho

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you haveing problem with your page or something? Its not working...
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Very nice site, it's a little plain, but you make it work. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers