SITE REVIEW: How Does My Site Look On Windows

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently redesigned my site, again. I used a Mac and I have checked it out on Safari, Firefox, Camino, and Opera but I have no idea how it looks in Windows PC's. My main concern is how it looks in IE 6 and IE 7. Thanks in advance to any and all who can tell me how my site looks to them. And please let me know what OS and Browser you viewed it with. Thanks again,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks fine to me running FF2.0 on WindowsXP SP2. One thing I noticed is your gray sidebar on the left doesn't touch the footer, not sure if this is by design or not. My resolution is 1680X1050. IE7 looks good as well except the left sidebar gap is bigger than FF. I also noticed your home page does not have a title.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pritty much ditto grinch. Same browser versions but at 1280x800 res.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated. No, the side bar should be touching the footer. I am going to have to fix that. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll try to take a screen cap later so you can see it.
  • Alone
  • Alone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good Websites

Thanks!
  • pinkink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing with the footer. I'm using the latest version of firefox, same res as ATNO. Also, your user/pass boxes don't line up. Using tidy, I'm getting 53 validation errors, and while I don't think validation is everything, fixing some of those would probably make it a bit cleaner.

Flipping over to IE puts the pass: to the right of the user box, and the sidebar not touching is a lot more pronounced. Both browsers have a 1px border around the submit button, which I think is normal for that style of button (I've been trying to work around it for a while to no avail.)

One thing that bugs me every time I go there is the fact that I couldn't stop the apple commercial loops. >.< I ended up just adblocking them because I'm usually listening to music on my computer, and also every time I see them, it reminds me of getting ripped apart by obnoxious mac fanboys for daring use a different OS. -_-

Not saying that anyone around here has done that, it's just something that I encounter a lot, and it really turns me off the company. Either way, if you maybe drop a pause/stop button in there, that would make it a lot easier for everyone involved.

I like the colors and style of your site. It's one of my favorite colorschemes. :D
  • plumsauce
  • plumsauce

Post 3+ Months Ago

It rendered fine in IE6, and did not give me a horizontal scroll bar. BUT, using a non-maximized browser window, the left nav bar forces the content area down to below the nav bar. Actually, I just maximized to 1280x1024 and it still does that.

There are a couple of graphics which do not have height and width attributes, so the browser has to wait until the image is downloaded to do the layout. Might not be noticeable except for users on dialup like me.
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website is amazing. It has a fantastic layout, that looks very modern and hi-tech, and them little video clips of the people being a PC and a Mac are very funny :lol:. It looks great on a PC.

Snoop1000

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers