SITE REVIEW: HTMLmaster's Directory of the Web

• webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone, don't know if you've seen my site, but I've made some big changes to it. I'd like some people to review the site with its new design. The link can be found at http://www.htmlmaster.hyspex.com

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't know if it's actually meant to be there or not, but there are white bits around the corners of your logo. There's way to much text! Use tables to spread it so that you don't have to scroll down all the way to read it. Otherwise, it's a pretty good website. Well done. Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

My Rating: 7/10
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some better formatting of the text you have to see to scroll down would be nice, I didn't even know it was there till I read funny_fuzz's post.

I don't really like how nearly everything is centered, it would be better, like said, to have a layout with tables/css.

Also this part:
Quote:
Report a Dead Link

*note that none of these sites were created by HTMLmaster's Directory of the Web and we do not guarentee anything about them, nor accept any responsibility for what they may do to your computer.

should be at the bottom or out of the way, since they aren't that important. They shouldn't really be the main focus on the same level as the main content.

also this part:
Quote:
Editor's Pick

The editors pick is the editor's favorite premium Webmaster site submitted to the Directory, only premium sites can get nominated by the editor to be editor's pick.

Currently the editors pick is: The Webmaster Forum A Webmaster Forum with posts, articles, and tutorials on Web and Object Programming, SEO, computer security, and much more.

is on the right, then a part goes in the middle, then a line break and the rest centered, so it should be grouped together, and maybe replaced by the *note part, or something.
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, thanks for all of your feedback.

1: I don't want the corners of the logo to be white, before the new color scheme of the directory, the background was white, so now I need to modify the logo, I will get to this ASAP.

2: Thanks for pointing out the text at the bottom being centered, I meant to fix this awhile ago but never got around to it.

3: Now that I think about it, I agree that the liabilty comment is out of place, I moved it to the bottom.

4: Everything else will go into consideration, just isn't of top priority.

Edit: OK, BIG changes, its a brand new website.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... looks similar, but I can't remember what it looked like when I viewed it. Much better! Though the white corners are still on the logo.

Rating: 8.4/10
  • soul-healer
  • soul-healer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site directory needs to more categories and all the links in the categories should be left aligned.

Right now it looks like too busy with no text managment all the text looks scatered.

Best of luck for your directory.

Regards.
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Your site directory needs to more categories

I know ;) Thing is, I only have so many sites submitted (124 to be exact as of now.) I want the categories to be filled up before I add more.

As I stated in the site updates section, I just recently added three new categories because it was getting a bit crowded. I'll probably add a few sub-categories as soon as the site breaks 150 submissions.
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a blank box that hangs above your page, I had that same problem on my page in the beginning. Check your editor to see if any left over <> have been floating somewhere. Everything else looks good. Keep up the good work. :P
  • webmasterforum
  • Student
  • Student
  • webmasterforum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uhh, I don't see any blank boxes. What browser are you using?
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

get rid of the white bits on the logo
maybe put the report dead link under the blue boxes?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers