SITE REVIEW: http://dollarseed.com/catalog/

• crownpc
  • crownpc
  • Loc: Cortland, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Our site was built on the zencart platform, and none of the Paypal payment modules worked, so we had to resort to importing cashiecart code. Overall, I think we did a good job, but it does not grab attention to make people want to make a purchase. Open for ideas. http://dollarseed.com/catalog/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• flipperman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flipperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

just check your site and i see that the theme is in old fashion and i also dont like the green color as it looks not any professional shopping site. just my 2 cents!
  • crownpc
  • crownpc
  • Loc: Cortland, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, so the green comment, are you talking about the mint color as the main background color or all of the greens combined?
  • OKAJ
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • OKAJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your website, but I agree with the other poster, the design does seem a bit outdated. The gradient green header bars and the overall look of the site doesn't seem current.
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Though the style is "Old School", it is still a neat piece of website. The only thing that you should take in consideration is that you need to make the review section a bit less complicated, and give the unregistered clients the option to post. The rest looks tip top, as long as the selling seed business works out for you.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

gotta love them herbal seeds hahaha wink but the color pushes me away from the site, had a look on kuler and found this for ya similar style but start with these http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/search?t ... d%3A333975

then make a huge block and slap some thin waves through it of the next color darker and bg-repeat it so it gives the bg a nice looking design instead of the one color like bam in your face and the one single plain color.

My personal opinion is i would not go past the index with that one plain color which i haven't but i did add the tip to make that background scream look at me.

Play around with some idea's and you will see what i mean

------------
i took a 2nd look and round them corners and change the top bar gfx around make it look more presentable, the longer people can look at the site the better hir ratio your sales will be. i know i have not been much positive but i am just giving my thoughts good luck with the project.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: At home

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it should be wider for a more professional look, it's like the actual viewing area is too narrow. If you do and I missed it, sorry but if your selling seeds you should probably be offering seed banks and should be boasting a SSL certificate so folks can feel more secure buying.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers