SITE REVIEW: http://goweb.ie/

• GoWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I would be vary grateful if you could review my website: http://goweb.ie

It is still under development. I'm going to add some jQuerry things, also I think that main text on every page is too wide. That's why I'll add two rows (with polls, news etc.)

Waiting for suggestions.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I don't have much time to review your site at the moment however, having peeked at your source code ... :? it's hard to take you seriously as a "web design/development" company when you're misusing tables to layout parts of your site. Gruesome practice for a 'professional'. You're 90% there, you just need to finish it off.

I'll peek again later but you should resolve that immediately.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • GoWeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Prime wrote:
Hey,

I don't have much time to review your site at the moment however, having peeked at your source code ... :? it's hard to take you seriously as a "web design/development" company when you're misusing tables to layout parts of your site. Gruesome practice for a 'professional'. You're 90% there, you just need to finish it off.

I'll peek again later but you should resolve that immediately.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D

Thank for the review.

As I said before it is still under development. I make changes add new things, pages, features every week.

There will be 'portfolio', page with articles, with FAQ and I will upgrade my blog.

I will change whole text, and site structure to be more SEO friendly.

This website is 2 months old- so its about 2,5 moth of developing (developing only in free time, when I don't have to do clients websites). I worked somewhere else, and decided to rum my own business (me and my small team). So I had to have my website ASAP.

There is still a lot of work to do :)

Waiting for more critical words. How do you like colors, web design of my website?

Should I leave menu under main banner (that one on the left), or should I delete it.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, just ran you site thru a quick browser test (60 separate combos) and things started to make sense. I am using FF3 on a linux box and the display is awful. Originally i figured it was just bad design however, it appears you have not performed any proper x-browser checking on this domain (?). The globe that appears to the right of the screen is standing alone in a big white box. I would suggest you use something like browsershots.org to rectify this.

You should probably swap this site for a holding-page and revisit this solution. As things stand it is likely to damage your reputation, not enhance it.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive, but if you are going to advertise yourself as a "web design/development" company then you need to raise-the-bar... there are literally 1000's of hobby web developers producing similar badly-coded sites.
  • Roxita

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just visited your web. I don't know anything about coding but I like it. Only one thing, when I scroll up and down with Opera the flash moves faster than the rest of the elements.
  • mindxstudio
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kolkata

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right now your website is very nice, I like design, color, structure, and content placement, everything is OK. Nice One.
  • allvcc
  • allvcc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

First impressions bright, airy and vibrant always good. A few things on the home page which i would amend. Firstly, i wouldn't hyperlink the texts in the way you do with Underlining but instead maybe change the colour to a darker colour such as green so it contrasts against the background. On a postive page renders ok in Firefox 3.

The other pages follow a similar patern except for About Us, which i would concider to be slightly against the other pages. You have a Column on the right hand side of blue, i would as that page is longer, either split the page up or continue the blue column right to the end (footer) of the page like it is on the other pages.

Overall it was prity good, nice graphically and its for a good cause! But overall i would like to see maybe a background image like a barbers pole if you get me with a light grey and white so gives the background life and it goes with your blue type of theme with the contrasting colours on the banner e.t.c.. i hope you get me.

Problem, the page doesn't render in the center in Firefox. This is a known problem. To combat this, at the top of the page add the comment " { <div align="center"> } and end this comment in the end comments just before </html> by using </div> . This will solve that problem. I would also concider validating your HTML and CSS to help with coding problems like this allowing your site to function better on all browsers. Do this by going to Validator.w3c.org and jigsaw.w3c.org for css.

Regards
allvcc

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers