SITE REVIEW: http://hellsis.no-ip.com/sunkigt/

• LoFGreN
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Sweden/Åre

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://hellsis.no-ip.com/sunkigt/
This is my new homepage, its in swedish but you can criticize the design ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Alan Lastufka
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: ChicagoLand, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, very clean...

Only thing that bugs me is the pic in the upper-left-hand corner, with the three hues of blue dead ending at the bottom of it, it looks misplaced...

Even if you were to simply remove it I think it would make a wonderful site. If you're not up for that, then keep it where it is, but make it the same gradient color underneath the pic that you use in the pic...
  • LoFGreN
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alan Lastufka wrote:
Very nice, very clean...

Only thing that bugs me is the pic in the upper-left-hand corner, with the three hues of blue dead ending at the bottom of it, it looks misplaced...

Even if you were to simply remove it I think it would make a wonderful site. If you're not up for that, then keep it where it is, but make it the same gradient color underneath the pic that you use in the pic...

I had not thought of that it might be missplaced in different resulotions, i hafto fix that, thanks for that one ;)
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alan Lastufka wrote:
Very nice, very clean...

i agree with this .. you may change the pic in the corner .. else nice work
:D
  • LoFGreN
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could anyone upload a screenshot so i can se how you see it?
Would appreciate it ;)
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website loads slow even though I've got a fast internet connection. Consider using less images. You don't have to. Just my advice. Most people have about a seven-second limit to how long they'll wait for a page to load completely. Yours straddles the line every single page (and takes even longer on the gallery).

As for the look, beautiful.

Have all your graphics been optimized? If not, you might be able to scale them down a little bit without losing quality. Got photoshop? Optimize to 45-50. Might help.

Also, too much use of the target="_blank" tag. Just about every page opens a new window. Is there a purpose for this used so often?

The gradiant background is very well done. Nice. Very appealing. I like the graphic in the top-left corner too. The "look" of your website is beautiful. If you can slim it down a little in page weight and do away with the target="_blank" tags, it'll be perfect IMHO.

Last thing: Use CSS and get rid of all of your <font> tags and any other formatting in HTML. That'll knock a few KB off of each of your pages. You can use CSS for more than just links. In fact, you could do most of your design in CSS if you wanted to. It'd take quite a while to perfect it, but it'd be worth it.
  • LoFGreN
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

gsv2com wrote:
Website loads slow even though I've got a fast internet connection. Consider using less images. You don't have to. Just my advice. Most people have about a seven-second limit to how long they'll wait for a page to load completely. Yours straddles the line every single page (and takes even longer on the gallery).

As for the look, beautiful.

Have all your graphics been optimized? If not, you might be able to scale them down a little bit without losing quality. Got photoshop? Optimize to 45-50. Might help.

Also, too much use of the target="_blank" tag. Just about every page opens a new window. Is there a purpose for this used so often?

The gradiant background is very well done. Nice. Very appealing. I like the graphic in the top-left corner too. The "look" of your website is beautiful. If you can slim it down a little in page weight and do away with the target="_blank" tags, it'll be perfect IMHO.

Last thing: Use CSS and get rid of all of your <font> tags and any other formatting in HTML. That'll knock a few KB off of each of your pages. You can use CSS for more than just links. In fact, you could do most of your design in CSS if you wanted to. It'd take quite a while to perfect it, but it'd be worth it.

The loading time can have to do if my server line is downloading, it lays on a pal's server, but i will try to change that later.
I have thought off .css and i shall also try that later.

So thanks for everything ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers