SITE REVIEW: http://michael.pricon.us

• msj1013
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • msj1013

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just started this site a couple of days ago as a portfolio of my work. I'm looking for feedback on any part of this website and/or any of the web projects I've got listed on their. If you have any ideas on layout, content, or functionality please reply. Thanks in advance for all input.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• delNorto
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • delNorto
  • Loc: Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Super, I really like your site. Nice,clean design :thumbsup:

... Your html-code doesn't validate, that is the only thing I can come up with.
  • msj1013
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • msj1013

Post 3+ Months Ago

bump
  • indianminiature
  • indianminiature

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks professional and good, but the portfolio should be the best to represent you work, may be small icons and graphics would help look it even better.
thanks
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmmm. honestly, the design quality of the portfolio site itself seems to me a lot higher than the design quality of your linked projects. the design of the site itself works quite well for me, it's simple and sharp, and gray and yellow go well together. I find the horizontal nav bar a little too thick for my liking, but that's a personal preference. my biggest advice to you would be - work on the content. try doing some more projects, even if just for practice, and give them a more modern feel.
  • Ulrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great to see some templates and a personal portfolio of your work. As mentioned, some of them lack images but the overall design and navigation of your site is very nice. I also like the colour schemes.

If you continue adding content to your site and updating it I think it can be a success.

Good work. Keep it up!
  • malenic
  • Born
  • Born
  • malenic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know I feel like the bad guy for saying this, but how can you even critique a site that is built from a template? All you have to really do is copy and paste. The code and CSS (the hard parts) are already taken care of. It doesn't look like you added any originality to it. The banner image, I don't get it. What is the signifigance of the nubers and the word "tone".

Also, your sample works look very outdated IMO. Not to say you should change what is already working. But I would create some new samples. Even if they were completely fictitious. Just so you can show potential clients what they could have. I'd suggest going to a CSS gallery. Find a site you like. Copy it to the letter. Then go back and add your own creativity. Maybe taking away anything that you don't like or feel is overdone and adding any graphic features from other sites that you like.

Also, I would have the sample sites open in a different window. And where you didn't have a site, I would remove the "image not available" and the link.

I would create an email account outside of Gmail.

Also, the HTML and CSS don't validate anymore. So you might want to remove those links or fix the errors. You don't want non-developers seeing that. They might think it's something more serious than it is.

If I were you I would really try to make this layout my own. Still give DCARTER the credit, but try to personalize it more.

I take it your a newbie and so am I. Gurus, am I being too critical? If I am please someone let me know. Not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to provide some constructive criticism. Good luck!
  • msj1013
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • msj1013

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah, your not being too critical, this is exactly what I'm looking for.
  • msj1013
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • msj1013

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks to everyone for their input.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers