SITE REVIEW: http://talitha.cvk.ca/

• Khaosifix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Khaosifix
  • Loc: New York City

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I currently run an online multimedia design studio and we accept clients from all over the world. My company, Talitha Starware, also functions as an online game development studio.

Here is the website : http://talitha.cvk.ca/
  • rhendrickson
  • rhendrickson
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The total layout of the site is ok. Secondly, the front page, you have to remember not everyone views the website at the same resolution as you are viewing it. The image on your index, on my monitor which is at 1024 x 768, was very large and made me have to scroll. You need to lighten that up some. Secondly you don’t have enough verbiage on the home page as well.

You have two navigation bars separate from the rest of your website. It really can make things difficult, you should have those navigation bars be more accessible from the home page, and leading into the other pages. You have great verbiage on some of those pages though, but I’m not sure how you are targeting your clients. Through word of mouth, through search engines etc. I am not saying it is not eye catching b/c it is, but there is just not enough here to hold me yet.

If this is your basic lay out and your rough draft, I would say you are doing pretty good but you need to manage your navigation to make it more accessible, and not having to search around for it.

Hope that helps.
  • Khaosifix
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Khaosifix
  • Loc: New York City

Post 3+ Months Ago

rhendrickson wrote:
The total layout of the site is ok. Secondly, the front page, you have to remember not everyone views the website at the same resolution as you are viewing it. The image on your index, on my monitor which is at 1024 x 768, was very large and made me have to scroll. You need to lighten that up some. Secondly you don’t have enough verbiage on the home page as well.

You have two navigation bars separate from the rest of your website. It really can make things difficult, you should have those navigation bars be more accessible from the home page, and leading into the other pages. You have great verbiage on some of those pages though, but I’m not sure how you are targeting your clients. Through word of mouth, through search engines etc. I am not saying it is not eye catching b/c it is, but there is just not enough here to hold me yet.

If this is your basic lay out and your rough draft, I would say you are doing pretty good but you need to manage your navigation to make it more accessible, and not having to search around for it.

Hope that helps.

Hello,
It should be noted that my desktop resolution is 1280x1024 and I just simply targetted the most used desktop resolution which is 1024x768. I agree that the home page needs more words. Working on that now.

However I seriously disagree with your comment on my navigation bar. I think it's very accessible. Keep in mind that the first page is just an introductory page. The absence of a nagivation bar(seen throughout the site) is necessary.

Thanks for your time.
  • jamesallen3333
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: bedford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be developing sites that are for all resolutions.

I know of many people that are using different screen res.

I also think the background image detracts from the content and the alien metephore used through the site isn't good.

The images on the navs at the top (i think) are way to big
  • COLDCUTsMITH
  • Loc: croatia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know how much time have you spend doing design but u shoulda spend few hours more if ur targeting some serious customers, navigation thru site is pretty weird for my taste which doesnt means that is bad in general..

gl with ur work !

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers