Please review my site: http://testpagerank.net/

Thanks,
Georgy
  • Hob Bramble
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Indiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, your site worked in almost every browser I tested it in - Firefox 2, Firefox 3 RC 1, Lynx, Maxthon 2, Safari 3 for Windows Beta, Slepnir 2.7, Internet Explorer 7, Netscape 9, and Opera 9 - however, it did hit glitches in Internet Explorer 6, and in Internet Explorer Beta 8.

In the case of IE 6, your search box gets a bit out of whack (the "check" button moves to below the box, and the green box around it gets cut up a bit), and your logo has a grey background. However, considering IE 6's clunky handling of CSS and transparent PNGs, it doesn't look too bad, and it is still completely usable.

In EI 8 beta, everything looks great with one exception - the "FAQ" link/tab jumps down slightly, so it's about half in the white area, and half out of it. The Home link still looks fine, however, and so does the rest of the page.

Other than in those two browsers, though, I didn't hit any problems (and personally, I'd only worry about the IE 8 one).

Design-wise, I like your site. I can't say I love it, as it's got a sort of generic "web 2.0 look" and doesn't really stand out from a lot of similarly designed sites, but it's not at all unpleasant either.

I do like your choice of colours and the amount of white-space in your design. It's very clean and easy on the eyes. I also like your ad placement and the style of ads you used - I found them noticeable, yet unobtrusive.

Feature-wise, your site worked as expected and gave me the information I wanted to know. I can't honestly say it stood out too much, as a lot of other sites are offering the same functionality as yours - however, yours is much better looking and less cluttered than many similar sites, which I liked a lot. I also found the "Last Checked" area at the bottom kinda nifty. The "FAQ" could also be a stand-out, depending on how detailed you get with it when it is finished.

To sum it up - pretty much everything works, and your code is all valid, which is great. Your design is clean and easy to read, and your tools work as they should. Overall, it's a solid site. Once your FAQ is finished, and you've implemented the "under construction" features listed on your main page, I could definitely see myself coming back to it in the future. Great work!
  • Slavland
  • Born
  • Born
  • Slavland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for review!

Georgy
  • Chuck2
  • Loc: Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very easy to undertand and the results for the site I entered were accurate. I would recommend this to anyone who like to watch their PR closely.

Well done!
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks very futuristic and I like that.
As there is not much content its hard to give you much feed back Hob Bramble had done most of it for you however if you are going to be VERY fussy then your "check" button might look better if it had a mouseover state but apart form that it would be hard to make it better, maybe when your FAQ's are done we can see if they are frequently asked! :-)
  • thevali
  • thevali

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm here trying to review your site... and i realized by mistake that i really need to use it. I like that you keep it simple and it is very usefull at least for me :). The information you are offering is exactly what a visitor wants to see...
  • kamarada
  • Born
  • Born
  • kamarada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very useful, simple and easy to use. Just how it has to be. Although is not showing the PR of my website.
  • jakeboylesdesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jakeboylesdesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the colors, one thing I would do is maybe darken up the content text its a little hard on the eyes right now. Its a good looking site and as far as I can tell the pagerank app works great!
  • Andrastos
  • Born
  • Born
  • Andrastos

Post 3+ Months Ago

No matter what site I enter, PageRank is showing as 0?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall I'm ok with the look, its pretty generic, but it doesn't detract from your content so thats probably ok.

I do think you should make a small effort to continue the tan footer color down the page if the browser window is larger than the content. The extra white at the bottom just looks broken.

I think it would also be wise to change the pointer to the hand over the submit button. (one of those little things users only miss if it isn't there)

Otherwise, we can chat about your typography, but its a lot better than most of the stuff on the web so let me know if you want me to elaborate on that part.

[edit] - quick addition, you may want to do some error checking on your text field. I just clicked submit with an empty field and got server error junk. A little javascript could go a long way toward keeping your users happy.
  • ziipa
  • Born
  • Born
  • ziipa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Easy to use and to the point!
I used it on our sites.
Nice work
  • Dima85
  • Dima85

Post 3+ Months Ago

Slavland wrote: