SITE REVIEW: http://themidfed.50free.org

• FearKiller
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • FearKiller
  • Loc: Kingston, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is just a site I created for fun. The site is kind of meant to be a teen hangout place and teen resource site. I work really hard on this site to make it look as good as possible.

http://themidfed.50free.org
or
http://www.themidnightfederation.tk
  • Fex
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, thats looking really good. Your colours between the website and the forum are really good how you kept to the same theme.

You should put a link from the forums back to the main website index.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it but there are a few things that i would change which are-

The top banner IMO would look better if it was more graphical, I think that you could also do with making a logo for you site.

The main text would look better if it was the same as the top nav.

I also think that the page counter looks a bit tacky.

The roolover of the text links at the top, do not fit in with the rest of the site, Where did the yelllow come from?

I like the dark blue that you have used, the white is a bit hard on the eyes, but it makes the content of the site stand out.

Overall you done a god job, just a few lil things could be improved :D
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

My chief concern is the dark background, small text size, and times new roman, and white font colour. None are problems individually, but as a combination it hurts my eyes a bit.

You could definately do with a bit of graphics in there, just to add interest. And there is the random inconsistancy between your links (different colours). Sorry my mistake, the different colors are visited links. Personally I don't like visited link effects, I always set them to the link defaults, but thats just me.

Visitor counters are always tacky, but coupled with the number of days counter, I can do a quick bit of mental arithmatic to see that you get 2 visitors a day. I know this is for fun, but you don't really want people know this, do you?

The titles on the tables don't seem to quite fit in. the light blue looks a little wrong to me.

Overall it's a nice site, it's mostly that lack of graphics that lets it down.
  • FearKiller
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • FearKiller
  • Loc: Kingston, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You should put a link from the forums back to the main website index.

Done

Quote:
The top banner IMO would look better if it was more graphical, I think that you could also do with making a logo for you site.

I'll work on that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
The main text would look better if it was the same as the top nav.

What do you mean by that? Like completely the same as in same color, font size, style, etc.?

Quote:
I also think that the page counter looks a bit tacky.

Removed Counter

Quote:
The roolover of the text links at the top, do not fit in with the rest of the site, Where did the yelllow come from?

I chose yellow to represent a kind of light. The site's name is "The Midnight Federation" so the background represents darkness. The hover color is just meant to represent a light within the link being turned on. That's why I chose the yellow color.

Quote:
I like the dark blue that you have used, the white is a bit hard on the eyes, but it makes the content of the site stand out.

I've changed the white to really light gray color. It makes the text a little better on the eyes and it's not as bright as the white color.

Quote:
Personally I don't like visited link effects, I always set them to the link defaults, but thats just me.

I'll look into that. Maybe I'll change it to the default, but I was thinking of maybe a shade of blue that is slightly darker than the default blue color.

Quote:
The titles on the tables don't seem to quite fit in. the light blue looks a little wrong to me.

I personaly like the light blue links and think they fit in quite nicely. Thanks anyway for the feedback.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly, the site seems very...basic... It's nice, but the layout doesn't seem to catch my attention. Maybe a change of colors (the blue background hurts after a while). The fonts are inconsistant, and I don't like the Times New Roman much. I like the concept of the site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers