SITE REVIEW: http://toyota-hilux-vigo.com

• jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of my site (http://thailand-dealer.com) was put on life support after a brutal mugging by a Panda and a Penguin.

On suggestion by some experts on SEO forum I decided to cut my losses and start fresh and here is the result: http://toyota-hilux-vigo.com. Since I'm starting from scratch I want to avoid the same mistakes that got me into trouble the first time so frank assessment will be very welcome. It is doing well on some of its important searches like Toyota Hilux Vigo, Vigo Thailand, Vigo Single Cab, Vigo Smart cab, Nissan Navara, Toyota Fortuner and so on but still on second page on some other high competition words.

Thanks,
Regards,
John
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi John,

Just took a look and I see your site layout which looks good, but there is zero content on the page. Maybe you aren't to that stage yet, but without some good content you will for sure get Pandalized again.

Also you have numerous links on that page with the text "Car Import" in it. Is it really necessary to have that repeated so much? I would advise to look at this from a user's point of view. If I were to see that my first thought would be "spammy" and I am guessing Google's algorithm will see that as well.

I took a quick glance at your old site, and you tend to do things there as well with links repeating the same text over and over. You really ought to get out of that habit if you want to avoid the same mistakes again.

So design is good I think, your structure as far as links and content need work.
  • laesvirta
  • Born
  • Born
  • laesvirta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello!

I took a look at your site (using chrome/mac 13"):

1. The second post on the site shows in a narrow paragraph, while the top post is wider.

2. The white content area overlaps the footer - I don't know if this is the intended design.

3. The button on the bottom of the page is confusing, it looks like there's 3 different buttons, however, they all activate at the same time.

4. The top navigation, or the dropdown items, especially in the "about" section are really confusing. There's just too much stuff there and a lot of repetition.

Hope this helps!
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Hi John,

Just took a look and I see your site layout which looks good, but there is zero content on the page. Maybe you aren't to that stage yet, but without some good content you will for sure get Pandalized again.

Also you have numerous links on that page with the text "Car Import" in it. Is it really necessary to have that repeated so much? I would advise to look at this from a user's point of view. If I were to see that my first thought would be "spammy" and I am guessing Google's algorithm will see that as well.

I took a quick glance at your old site, and you tend to do things there as well with links repeating the same text over and over. You really ought to get out of that habit if you want to avoid the same mistakes again.

So design is good I think, your structure as far as links and content need work.

Thanks for taking time to review the site. For almost a day my SEF extension was redirecting to an empty page on my site. It took a little doing but I was finally able to figure it out. The site is online then. Content is sparse though as i'm once bitten twice shy. My site http://thailand-dealer.com was penalized for having too much content.

It seems that the recent Google updates have made it a crime to add content. For example my page http://toyota-hilux-vigo.com/Toyota-Hil ... Smart-Cab/ was number 1 and 2 in SERP for search for "Toyota hilux vigo smart cab" vigo smart cab and hilux vigo smart cab. Now it is 10th. This is the pattern that is being repeated all over the site. Empty pages are ranking high. I guess it is less that content has been dethroned in disgrace and more an issue of how I write that content. Some bad habits are hard to break and i might be writing overoptimized articles.

With regards to "Car Import" your point is well taken. The problem is that customers for examply in Zambia would type car import zambia and a customer in Zimbabwe will do the same but just substitute his country name. I have another site which had hundreds of pages all articles saying "top car exporter to ---" with name of the country in place of the dahes and most of these do well when a car export search is made with name of a country.

I'm in the process of removing sitewide links from all my sites. I have already done so with toyota-hilux-vigo.com and will be doing the same with other sites. When I learned to create websites in the 90s Google bot was still in infancy and cross pollination of sites was the only way to gain space on the first page of Google searches.

Thanks again for all your invaluable advise.
  • jfambrini
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jfambrini

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. Will try to incorporate some of your suggestions in the site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers