http://vodoo.tk
:o
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do like the concept.

My number one criticism is the text is too small for me. I'm on a 17" monitor at 1280x1024 res and wear bifocals and I have to switch to 1024x768 to even read some of it.

I did seem to have a bit of a problem loading your designs page the first time. It partially loaded, but the "loading" text kept flickering and nothing ever came up completely. I stopped the music (I was listening to Shallows at the time) and clicked the design link again and it worked fine.

I do like what you did with the music loops though, but didn't understaound why you called it "system" - I would have called it music, or audio, or sound.

I think what would improve the experience the most is the addition of some color to offset the gray. Right now, colorwise it's very bland.

Looks like you put some good thought and time into the concept. I think it just needs tweaked.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks nice, but is it on purpose to take a bit to load -.-

Its nice flash... better then I can do O.o;!
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,
It does take a while to load up the pages. As Iam typing, its still trying to load up the tutorial page. I like your header and layout. I also like your logo/splash page, ;) The only thing I didnt like, was the links on the about page. I think they should be a different color.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

why is it that everyone else who does flash, manages to make my site look worse :( . Geez. Anyway, I think your site is very well done, a couple things however:

1: In your mp3 loops, the 2nd loop from the top, i think you should get rid of it. It doesnt loop very well at all. listen to it, you will hear it skip each time it loops again.

2: Gray on gray on white??? My eyes hurt before i was even half done. You need to really tone it down. If you want some light colors do some pastel or something, but gray text and white text on a gray background??? Not user freindly.

3: I got a lot of 404 errors on your Flash Tutorials page. and your tutorial pages dont fit with the rest of your site. different colors and everything. May want to work on that.

Alrighty then, Very nice flash work, did you use alot of actionscripting?? I'm mainly just curious cause That may be the key to making my site not suck so bad. I think you have done a fine job it just needs some tweaking here and there.
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys 4 reply ... first atno sorry 4 the small text but i was tired of some people say when it is big they say that it is blurred so i used pixel text from a tut on how to make ur text more clear to be read .. also i'm in the process of adding more colors to it ...also what colors do u think i could use guys ..??

foxy: what speed are u on cause i'm on dial up and donot feel it take big time to load .. also what all of u guys think about the loading time???

rat : where is this about page???

sharkshark:
Quote:
why is it that everyone else who does flash, manages to make my site look worse
this happens to me 2 .. also about the tuts some of them is in process of change also i did not change the colors of back ground of each page since last version ... also do u find them usefull??
also i use alot of action script in the main parts only like preloaders .. controlling the movement of the site ..etc ..

thanks guys 4 replys so far hope to c more reply
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the tutorials were good. They seem geared more toward the people still new to flash, but thats just fine. Where did you learn how to control movement woth actionscript? That is something I want to learn I just havent been able to find a good teaching site yet. Any pointers you can give me i would appreciate it :D!

As for the site colors, I cant really sya, pretty much whatever you like. Just make sure the colors mix well. go to http://www.bestflashanimationsite.com and surf some of the flash site listed for ideas if you want.

Good Luck!
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.kirupa.com nice and very helping

http://www.kennybellew.com/ sound object nice tut

http://www.tutorialforums.com/showthrea ... adid=71885

also u can use help 4om people online on forums this is nice and simple way just ask people then get replys and answers on ur questions...:))
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL why else do you think I hang out here in Ozzu!!
Thanks for the reply :)
  • Beowulf
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jeez. I.. Thats a awsome site! How in the world did you make that!?! The best I can do for free is Freewebs. XD lol
Thats very good. Nice work.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oooh flash...*drools* One thing though, on the splash page, I think the counter stands out a little bit too much. Hm... I couldn't tell that "system" was for music. Navigation is a little confusing at first but I got the hang of it after a little while. Other than that, awesome site, nice animation. Great work!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Beowulf

Welcome to OZZU and thanks for your input. But, please remove your signature until you've had the chance to read the rules for signatures in section 2 here and have reduced it to the size requirements. It's a nice one, but way too large.:

http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html
  • diverdan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • diverdan
  • Loc: Alabama, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i hope i don't sound too rude, but in my opinion, your site would look much better without the "number of visits" listed

i've always thought that such information was tacky when shown for the public eye and i feel like it would make your site look even more professional than it already does if you remove the number of visits info

besides that, nicely done
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, hes right, especially with that free bravenet counter. iam nto against bravenet, i used it before. but it doesnt look very professional
  • MetaVirusX
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • MetaVirusX

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya, that site is nice, wonderfull flash animations and all. Like the other peeps, i think it is to small, i think u have to much animations between pages so it takes to long. Everything else is just perfect!
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

At some point in the past, we could resize the counters to width=0 and height=0 and discreetly have the counter. But I believe they made it a script only one now that we can't resize. Try looking for a free php counter that you can download here. Maybe some of these are resizeable, so you can have the counter w/o anybody knowing.
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys thanks for the nice replys .. also i did some changes in some colors also added a precent to indicate how much is loaded from the main page ...
tell me what do u think of the changes ?? or should i let it as it was 1st??
:D
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice. one question though. I noticed the counter within the flash after you enter. Were you planning on keeping the bravenet one?
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'll delete it once i create the php one
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BinaryTox1n
  • Loc: Deer Park, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the loading bar... not sure why, I just do.
But your content gradients are way too hard, and need to be smoothed out a bit.
I really dont like that your tutorials open up to a non-flash new window, and the colors hurt my eyes.
Mystery meat isnt good, (the shortcuts link in downloads) users want to know what they're going to click on before they move their mouse over it.
Some of your fonts are blurry.
Looks like you're mimicing some of 2advanced's old effects ( http://2advanced.com/archive/v3/flashindex.htm )
  • whos_wee_dug
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Great site man, looks really smart and its got some great flash effects in it.

The only thing i found slightly annoying was the menu kept sliding down all the time, so when i viewed some of your images it opens a new window and when i return the menu is down again! Its probably just me that gets annoyed by it but there ya go...

I also agree with the other that the counter ruins the look of the welcome page slightly.

Keep up the good work though,

whos_wee_dug?
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks guys for reply dose any one else dose not like the gradients??also i will change the back ground color of the tuts ? also man for the fonts i tried every tut to not make the font blurry
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys do u see that the text is blurry ? cause some people on other forum told me so ?what do u think
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

blury? text? where?
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey man on the first page the news page do u think the text is blurry?
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I dont, not at all.
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

okz thanks man 4 the help any body else do u c it blurry???

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers