SITE REVIEW: http://www.animatorsathish.com/

• animatorsathish
  • animatorsathish

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

This is my Personal Portfolio. Please review my site.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might want to provide us with a link in the actual post, to save us a couple of seconds :)

The first thing I see when the page loads is that large grey area above the navigation bar on the left ... what's this for? You should fill it with some content.

Including your picture is good, but it's a fairly standard passport-like picture ... perhaps show a picture of you doing what you love: web designing :)

It's not really a big issue, but it can be the difference in getting a job or not: grammar.

Sathish wrote:
Welcome to animatorsathish.com! My name is Sathish Babu. I am working as a Web designer and having the experience for more than 3 years. The current position mainly deals with Corportate Intranet site designs & Website management. Web design is my passion and here is my Portfolio!

Instead of saying "and having the experience for", try "and have over 3 years experience."

The "The" in the next sentence feels like it should be a "My".

And below that where it read "Soft skills", this should be "Software Skills".

Being proper in relation to these tiny things can leave a good impression on visitors to your website.

The front page is a bit bland, all up. Perhaps include a few screenshots of code and finished websites you've made, and link them to the actual websites.

When I go to the 'projects' page, I cannot get bigger images for the websites you've designed. You should link them to bigger images, say 600-800 pixels wide ...

On your 'contact' page you might want to include a form to make it even easier for people to contact you directly through your website, rather than having to open up their e-mail programs or log on to webmail.

Finally, it's good to see a website that's valid :) Perhaps you'll want to put the images on your website that let others know it's valid :D
  • animatorsathish
  • animatorsathish

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your valuable suggestions Breeze!
  • videoediting-direct
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • videoediting-direct
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

'WOW' Breeze is given you very constructive feedback. Even I tried clicking the Web Design templates, could not get the enlarged images. You can still do a lot better on the porfolio page. I like the colors used for the site. I guess you can include images and make it lot better on the portfolio and other pages as well. Header needs to be worked upon. Its okay now!!! Can be better.
  • braveheartcheng
  • braveheartcheng

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suggest you make the project page as home page, so that visitors can get impressed at the 1st chance.
  • NADERNETdotCH
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • NADERNETdotCH
  • Loc: http://www.NaderNet.Ch/

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have a nice site
  • Sophie
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sophie
  • Loc: Nottingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Just had a look at your site. I think the home page needs some imagery on it as at the moment it doesn't represent the work that you do. Perhaps add some of your samples which click through to your portfolio page. Equally the images on the experience and contact page, don't really add anything, and would look more professional if they were removed. The content of the site is good though, I would just make more of your portfolio to sell yourself a bit more.

Hope this is of help to you

[http://www.yourcreativedge.co.uk]
  • animatorsathish
  • animatorsathish

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys. I keep all these in mind and get back to you with good design and accessibility.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers