SITE REVIEW: http://www.BidOutHosting.com

• iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

The idea behind this site is to have webmasters who are looking for hosting post there requirements (bandwidth, space, server side scripting, etc.), and then have hosting providers quote them a monthly price for services. This way you can compare all of the hosting offers in one place, and select the one you think is best suited to handle your hosting needs (based on price, feedback, and your contacts with that host pre-sale).
Please let me know what you think! Would you take advantage of a service like this (it's free for webmasters to use..)??

http://www.BidOutHosting.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• whosonthedexs
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a Web Guru by any means but having created a few sites myself mainly with Jscript, HTML & flash i'm all about ease of use a attraction.

Firstly i personally wouldn't use the service but that is because i have access to my own hosting servers.

Secondly the site has a fresh feel about it but the downside in my opinion is php not the technology itself but the fact that the majority of PHP sites all look the same or have the same underlying style to them.

Apart from that a nice site to view in comparision to other webmaster sites i have seen which general seem to be very raw.

Hope this is of help.
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is coded in Perl, not PHP :)
  • whosonthedexs
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I apologise for the incorrect statement but it does go to show, to me, how similar the perl and php sites are.
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's no problem at all, that's why I posted it here.

What do you think I could do to make it more unique, so it doesn't seem to fit that php or perl 'profile'??
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

The logos next to the subjects in the menu at the top look like they have the top cut off. This may be what they are meant to look like, but that is the way I see them. The text is small and almost all the same size so it is hard to differentiate between subjects. There eems to be lots of the same color which makes the front page a little boring. On the front page and some other pages text is hard up against the left fram of the page, Maybe move it out a little like on the FAQ page.

The logo top left looks great except for the text. If you changed the text it would prob look better. I'm not really very good at the design side of things but I do think that overall that color is needed.

The idea for the site is great and with a few changes I think that it will grow quick. One of those ideas that are simple yet will work.. Good luck with it.
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea, I never noticed with the graphics next to the links, but now that you mention it, it does seem that they are kind of...cut off..

As far as the fonts are concerned, that's a good point. I'm going to change some of the sizes around for the more importnant sections, see how it turns out =)

The padding is an issue, because everything is in CGI it's been a hassle fixing the design of the backend of the site. I'm working on it!

Thanks for the compliments on the idea...we shall see in a month or two just how good it was..
  • iBold
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • iBold

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did some minor logo work and added a few more pages of content (mostly for search engine food..).
Any other opinions out there? :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers