SITE REVIEW: http://www.chitralakshana.com

• vdesigns
  • vdesigns
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my site
http://www.chitralakshana.com
the site is exclusively on Indian art and we have concentrated more on content. Please review and let me know if we can improve on the current design and concept.
thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TsX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll take a small stab at it.

Opinion on the logo for the top. To me it just looks like a image placed in the middle of no where. Add some flow to it, make it look like it merges with the rest of the site. The right side of it is plain white, looks yucky.

The layout is decent. If I'm not mistaken maybe a little redudancy - Buy Books / Store.

Also, I bet its just me. but on the text sides for store listings. seems like a square of just text. Maybe loosen it up a bit, get some paragraphs in there, make it look more than just a square of text.

Hope this helps, maybe gives you a few ideas to work with. Good luck!
  • vdesigns
  • vdesigns

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, I bet its just me. but on the text sides for store listings. seems like a square of just text. Maybe loosen it up a bit, get some paragraphs in there, make it look more than just a square of text

I am unable to understand this bit. Could you be a little more clear.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get rid of those god awful colours in your logo text!!! EXTREMELY HARD TO READ! (the font type doesn't help either)

I think you should rearrange your main page. Right now the content box is pretty small. Try moving the right hand navbar someplace else. The right navbar seems to include pretty important links so I'd suggest including them on the left navbar. Same goes for the bottom left navbar. Arrange it to look as clean as the other content pages.

You have the words "Write in our Art Blog" underlined. Remove the underline, leave it for the actual link.

On the Legal Terms page, in FF I get this at the top "<%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>" it's not there in IE (surprise surprise) check your code. Also align your content box more to the right it's too far to the left right now.

On your mural gallery page, when I click on one of the pop up pages in FF, I'm left with horizontal scrolling bars but in IE they aren't there. Make sure to test your site on all possible browsers before publishing. Also in IE each mural page seems to have a jvs error in your code.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think logo is fine. BUT...I'd make it smaller and post the menu on the left of logo. This way u'll have more space for book review etc. And I think a little wider table would look better.
  • vdesigns
  • vdesigns

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks 613flavah and ilyawizard

I will work out the changes.
  • lw2182001
  • Born
  • Born
  • lw2182001

Post 3+ Months Ago

clean sheet,nice color design,except the white color of the text area,which I think doesn't match with other parts well.After all,I'm so envyful of your designing skill.Go ahead!
  • harlequeen
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Wales

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the logo design but I don't think the background blends well with the main colours of the site. They are not complementary at all.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers