SITE REVIEW: http://www.ddukonline.org

• bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Guys,

Please i will want you guys to please review this site and tell me what you think, corrections suggestions all are welcome
am counting on your comments

Cheers!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

In to particular order:

drop shadow is too harsh on right side
I would loose that "reg charity no." - the font doesnt work with rest of header
the reflection is to strong, gradient to 0% opacity
Logo/crest is too low of resolution, very fuzzy
Need rollover on navigation. Color scheme. Doesn't work with rest of header.
Scrolling text. Seems really outdated. Can't remember the last time I saw a modern site with it.
The two hands on the left side, when screen is reduced, then white line shows around. not sure how to correct. And HOME button is not accessible.
Also logo could be home button
Too many different fonts
Sub nav on lower pages, too close to main nav and doesn't follow design
Footer not consistent on all pages
  • ClintonR
  • Born
  • Born
  • ClintonR
  • Loc: ILLINOIS, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah pretty well nailed it. I should preface this by saying I'm not even a beginner when it comes to design/coding so my feedback will be primarily regarding aesthetics and end user functionality.

I don't necessarily agree that the scrolling text isn't appealing, a bit dated I must concede but the primary issues I did not like about this particular element were that the 'Your Money Matters Show' portion of the text was barely visible and I would slow down the scroll rate.

The fonts are a bit too blocky in too many places for a charity type site, you want smooth easy going feel good fonts right?

On the hands thing, it's a neat feature but distracting, especially when reduced. Smaller on the lower right corner may be better?

I agree a roll over feature on the navigation bar would be nice, don't care for the depressed/drop down effect for the current page being displayed. Highlighted would be better I would think.

And to end on a high note, I like the forum.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree all that's been said above, but I'd like to add that the reflection on the logo text at the top, where it says 'Foundation (UK)', is a bit much ... maybe add a gradient to it so it fades out or get rid of it completely.

Regarding the logo again ... it seems so cramped ... you've got so much happening in there. I also think that the reflection on the green current page button is just a waste of space.
  • Guy who knows things
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Guy who knows things
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Breeze about the logo. Get rid of the reflection at the bottom. It doesn't work because the top portion of the logo (Debt Doctors) has a drop shadow, while the bottom section (Foundation UK) doesn't. Maybe I'm nit-picking, but it lacks uniformity and doesn't quite gel.

Also, on my screen the hand image on the left has a white pixelated outer edge. Either it hasn't been photoshopped properly or it's been saved as a transparent gif with too low resolution. For that level of detail you'd have to go with PNG24, which sucks because IE6 doesn't support it. :(
  • bryanhusman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bryanhusman
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank You Guys, you comments where truly appreciated.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers