SITE REVIEW: http://www.famster.com

• rhendrickson
  • rhendrickson
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,

Recently we launched http://www.famster.com. We have been on Digg Homepage twice now, and they have given us fresh idea's of things to do to update the site. We added 1 gig of space and Unlimited Photo storage for sharing.

We are still currently looking for more idea's to improve the site. We are looking for any idea's possible. You can look in Google.com "famster Digg" and you will see the reviews and idea's they gave to us and how we did make a lot of the changes they suggested.

So if you have a moment please take a look over the website and let us know what your thoughts and opinions are.

Thank you again.

Sincerely
The Famster Team
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• critter
  • critter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I think the site is well designed: it navigates well and I like the colours.

Apologies in advance if you have not yet completed the content: The *Features* link takes a relatively long time to load, but offers no information...I'm not really sure why it's there when a simple list would do for now.

Also, in the lower left main page are two coloured phrases, that don't link:
*complete website* and *private social network* Both could link somewhere (I'm sure they're meant to eventually...), but *private social network,* in particular, doesn't mean very much. Private? On the WWW? How? I think it needs further content.

Looks like a great idea, though, supported by a well-thought out site.
  • rhendrickson
  • rhendrickson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you "Critter" for your feedback. I am going to look into that. What you say makes sense. I appreciate your feedback. Does anyone else have any idea's?

The message the site brings, the feelings you get from it. We are really looking for any type of feedback, positive or negative. Just looking to find ways to make this better.

It is a free Service as well. So please feel free to make an account and try it out. Let us know if some of the features are to difficult to understand, looking for any type of feedback which will help us make this a easier working site.

Thanks Again
Ryan Hendrickson
  • COLDCUTsMITH
  • Loc: croatia

Post 3+ Months Ago

..cant really find any thing but great design and flawless functionality,

looks like u guys have spend some serious time doing design and identity development.

G luck to you all !
  • gmoney
  • gmoney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I have absolutely no criticism for this site--it's awesome! Nav is dead simple to use, nice colour-coding for the different sections. Love the hamster ;)

100% perfect site!
  • dotancohen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Haifa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The custom "you don't have flash installed" error message was nice. It shows a level of detail that one does not see very often.

Of course, I immediately closed the site. I have no need nor want to install Flash :)
  • visio
  • visio

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is beautiful! But I dont think it will go far in terms of search engines.
Flash is a no-no for SE
  • rhendrickson
  • rhendrickson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone for you comment;

Visio, that is sort of the point though. We are not trying to really get into the search engines. This is more for family networking. We are not really trying to get into the search engines that much. We are in there under Famster, but being more family oriented, we would like to stay with the idea of being more word of mouth, or have someone learn about the site from another site.

We feel it is more secure.

Which leads me to another questions, which is a bit off base, but do you guys have any idea's of websites that would be a good place to post about famster.com and explain it is for families?

Let me know what you guys come up with. The feed back as been incredible and we are following up on everything.

We appreciate your time guys!

Famster.com Team
  • charatpratap
  • charatpratap

Post 3+ Months Ago

it so well designed wish you could help me with my design
http://www.rajamahendrapratap.com
my forms are poor too
  • kids
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • kids

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the onther mans. 100% perfect site! Good job man!
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

very cuddly
  • Saul_PL
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with previous opinions. Friendly for users, nice and clean style, good colors and fonts. Simply great job

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers