SITE REVIEW: http://www.firethrottle.tk

• flame5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flame5

Post 3+ Months Ago

i started this new site called firethrottle, it has tutorials, templates, wallpapers and downloads. i worked hard on the design, please tell me wot u think of the design, and any suggestion on the content will be appreciated.

is this the sort of site you would visit again?

cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stumpygrrl
  • stumpygrrl

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first impression is that it seems like this website offering alot, but it does not look very professional. It looks scattered, with no real organization. The "welcome" part should be at the top with a mission statement that clearly defines what your website does and what it can offer me.
It does not really catch my attention.
The templates are good but I would not pay for them unless they had more detail and looked more professional. The wallpaper page returns a 404 error. The tutorials are good, but you need to have more. The artwork page has nothing on it!
This site was hard to review, I honestly think that it has potential but it needs alot of work. Since you just launched the website, I am assuming that it is only partally completed. Once you build it up and complete it, I'm sure it will have alot to offer, like I alredy said, it has potential!
  • ZiNNiZ
  • ZiNNiZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a great tutorial website, I say you could make a .com or .net domain for it, you could teach alot of beginners about HTML
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site. but like stumpygrrl said it needs more. I personally like ur layout. on suggestion is that u change the index link to Home. lol. Ur welcome is at the bottom of the page. Not good. move it under sig of the week. i suggest u move the Latest tutorials &
Latest templates to The very top of ur site. next to latest sig and site of the week.
  • ad0beaddict
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

i thought it looked very profesonal except color wise yellow is not the best choise for a white backround or for any background especially white
  • flame5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flame5

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thanks guys for the comments
  • ranoo
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • ranoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site it is very interesting.

try to put this lines of codes in your pages

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>Title</title>
</head>

<body>
<!-- ... body of document ... -->
</body>
</html>

it will help you with SeO

Good luck
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

i took another look around and i see u made alot of changes. everthing seems to be comming along nicely.
  • crystalized
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks nice upon first glance, and everything seems to align (at least in Firefox).
The only qualm I have is how you have white text on a yellow background for your headers. Also, maybe it would look better if the font size for your headers were bigger than the font size for the entries.
  • flame5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flame5

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the comments again, i will try to change some stuff around especially with header colors. i will try dark yellow i think

thanks anyway, signup for the forum if u want
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Darken the text on the design. Its hard on the eyes.

I also notice a typo that pretty funny when I send you a message it says 'Thank You. Your message has been spent'

I think you should also try to universalize the menus so you have downloads, home, articles, and tutorials on the menu to the left.
  • flame5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flame5

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thanks for the advice, i have darkened the text slightly, any other advice?
  • T-BenZ
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • T-BenZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is good quality. Reminder: Your Recent Work link is bad. Maybe you didn't cpaitalize something or maybe it is not finished. Good Luck.
  • whiteh0rs3
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Java

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks cheerfull just like my site ;)

but you should consider using darken text on every your title box, so people can be more easier to read

good works..
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those yellow 'title bars' could be darkened to make the white text so it can be read easier.
  • flame5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flame5

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thanks for the comments

i am going to mjorly improve firethrottle now
i wont change the whole layout, but i need your opionions on how to make it look professional, customized and visually appealing. i want to make as good as depthcore.com and phirebrush.com

i want to change it becuase i want to add a gallery section where members can submit stuff, a flash portal, for games and movies, a member system, more tutorials, a links databse, and a internet radio playing emo, indie, metal music.

if any1 want to help me or become an admin, please contact me on icearcade@hotmail.co.uk or reply here.

mainly, comments on how to make the design look more professional and visualy pleasing would be much appreciated

thanks
ice

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers