SITE REVIEW: http://www.GrantMilestone.com

• Grantspad
  • Grantspad
  • Loc: M'Bro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Please could you check out my online portfolio and suggest how it could be improved? Navigation, Colour Scheme etc. Be as brutal as you want...

I need to find out where I am going wrong!

here is the address:

http://www.GrantMilestone.com

Thanks for the help,

Grant

p.s. Will return the favour if you have a site too. Thanx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gba_m
  • Student
  • Student
  • gba_m

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, the site is fantastic. All the links that I've tried worked and the way the web pages presents/layout is great.

The only negative thing that I can point out is the flash header. It's kind of annoying that it refreshes (right to left, then left to right animations) everytime I click a link.

9/10
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you took the scroll bar and put one on the page and not on the browser it self it might be nicer. I also agree with gba_m about the header, it either needs to speed up or not refresh at every click of a link. I noticed that on your 'contact' page , after the "Thank You" you needed a puncuation mark of some sort! Overall Nice site!
  • willstein
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • willstein
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey nice site.

On first impression it was very nice, I liked it alot.

Here are a few suggestions I might note:
I would reorganize "skills". Although I can clearly see what you are saying, it take's away if I was a prospective client. For instance, let's say I want someone who know's CGI/PERL. Most likely, I'll automatically exclude you from my list of prospective design providers. It almost work's against you saying what you are learning.

I very much like the banner on the top, but each page, it loads again, and again. That bar scrolling across tends to get very annoying real fast. I would suggest keeping the scroll on the homepage, but on the other pages, find a way to include it without it scrolling in, it ages itself out very fast.

The picture in the flash banner on the homepage doesn't fit. The website was designed great, but that picture doesnt fit.
I've always found success with just a person smiling. Works for me anyway.

Navigation is awesome.
Color's fit well.
Nice site.
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the simplicity of the site, that prob stems from your design background... Obviously.

One small thing which might just be me not understanding thinks. The text at the bottom of the page that says"Grant Milestone Design © 2003 inc. All rights reserved" shouldn't the inc be after the word design? That is really picky but I'm struggling to find anything wrong with the site. Which is a good thing.

When switching between headings at the top such as Skills, about, home etc it will bring that flash blue banner accross. after clicking on them several times it just seems the same thing is happening. Maybe change it to a diff colour for each one. Just for when is scrolls across.

Must say the site is testament to you ability. Good luck.
  • Stalin_q8
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

its good .. Keep up the good work ;)
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice looking site! The Neil Watson Photography site is very nice too. I'd just suggest changing the font there.

On the MuddyBums page, the table has become larger then the header graphic at the top so there is a little space there. Other then that - that site is nice looking too. =D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers