SITE REVIEW: HTTP://WWW.KEVINKATOVIC.COM/INDEX.HTML

• digitalcamera
  • digitalcamera
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well its a Digital Camera Review website and has about 1000 original content pages if you can find them. 230 are easy to find the others not so easy. Just reviewing digital cameras etc as they come out and trying to promote them with advertising.

The layout is done in Blogger so well I have to work with that so if you have any advice that would work with that or might help me better understand how to inject dynamic title tags meta tags etc or how to improve navigation I would be happy to hear it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it running on a blogger template? I am not sure what you mean by the layout is done in blogger.
  • digitalcamera
  • digitalcamera

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I actually use blogger to generate the pages and make posts. But the template is more or less original.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gotcha so you are using blogger as a CMS basically. Did you write the template?
  • digitalcamera
  • digitalcamera

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know what you mean by CMS what does that mean?
  • digitalcamera
  • digitalcamera

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh content management system I get it Yeah I guess so. Like frontpage or other similar things I just liked to use it because it seemed to index in google faster.
  • wpgwiggum
  • wpgwiggum

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how the main menu is semi-transparent with the drop down sub-menus. I also like the yellow on the grey background color.

I'm viewing the site on a widescreen monitor, and notice that the entire page floats to the left instead of centering like many other websites.

I'm also finding it a bit of an eyesore trying to read the blue hyperlinks on the grey background.

Hopefully my comments are what you are looking for, and if not just ignore me! :)
  • digitalcamera
  • digitalcamera

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks you know what lol I am trying to override the blue hyperlink with CSS but blogger isn't co-operating. I noticed once they had a " UPdate " on day which changed that once, it was helpful but it seems along the way the " Blogitembody " tag seems to overright the CSS template again.

I know theirs a way to do it but somehow you have to put two stylesheets in the meta then if they do a update like that again it would change anyway I might get into it again see if I can't make it work.

That blogitembody tag seems to overright the stylesheet.
  • wpgwiggum
  • wpgwiggum

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dumb question, but have you tried the !important CSS keyword for your overrides? I'm not familiar with 'blogger', and don't know if it would work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers